sashimi help...

Options
any idea how many calories 6 thinly sliced pieces of tilapia sashimi would be? (the slices are not the typical thicker slices or pieces typically served). I guess if you were to pile them up it would be the width of a deck of cards. Thanks. I happen to really enjoy it, but I haven't been able to determine calories.

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the database?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    A small piece of sashimi is probably 1 oz. I looked up 1oz raw tilapia in MFPs database and got and 1 oz being 36 calories. There are plenty of sashimi entires in MFPs database that can help you out there.

So 6 pieces you are looking at like 220 calories.

A standard piece of sashimi is probably closer to 1.5 ounce but you mentioned it was thin so I assumed 1oz.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have. I have found it listed in grams, but I am not sure how to translate that. I suppose I could convert to ounces.
  • GretaGirl8
    GretaGirl8 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A small piece of sashimi is probably 1 oz. I looked up 1oz raw tilapia in MFPs database and got and 1 oz being 36 calories. There are plenty of sashimi entires in MFPs database that can help you out there.

A standard piece of sashimi is probably closer to 1.5 ounce but you mentioned it was thin so I assumed 1oz.

Thank you. I will assume around 220. yes, they are exceptionally thin. I've been to many sushi places and the pieces are typically much thicker. basically, I am trying to envision what a raw tilapia patty looks like (in which I know the calorie content)...and this is certainly no more than that.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Thank you. I will assume around 220. yes, they are exceptionally thin. I've been to many sushi places and the pieces are typically much thicker. basically, I am trying to envision what a raw tilapia patty looks like (in which I know the calorie content)...and this is certainly no more than that.

Yeah it might be less. Really it is hard to say. But if you are talking that few calories if you are off by a little bit its not a big deal.