Do guys find it weird if a girl......

Options
porcelain_doll
porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
...... hasn't had a boyfriend in a long time? Like, years? Is it even an issue, or do they think that "something must be wrong/weird/etc. about her?" Just looking for a general opinion here. Thanks!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    does it depend on what she's doing with herself? like school, or career?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't believe so.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Nope. Thats not wierd.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it might be an issue. My mom doesn't want to be with anyone, because the few times she has trusted someone enough, she got hurt REALLY bad. She hasn't been with anyone in over 5 years.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Not as far as I'm concerned. It could be something to make me think if it's combined with other factors, but no big deal in and of itself.

edit; I'd find it more of a red flag if she had ALWAYS been with someone. The girls who always need a guy are the ones with issues, generally speaking.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Don't fret it's not weird at all. :-)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    not even a booty call? a friend with benefits?
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not having someone "steady" in your life, but I'd be a little curious how one could go without a little outside affection... you know, other than the B.o.B (Battery operated Boyfriend...)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The guy I'm seeing has been pretty cool with the fact that he's the first guy I've dated seriously. He knew that fairly early on and it's worked great. He's also 7 yrs older than me, I just never really dated in college and I graduated last year. I think most guys don't really care. Things have worked out really well for the two of us so far.
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    These days I don't think guys think it is weird at all. I imagine that most men that are worth a grain of salt, understand how busy life can get and sometimes there just isn't time for relationships.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Not an issue at all - unless there is something else going on, it shows she is comfortable being herself. Actually the opposite of this is more of a red flag...IMHO.
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Naa....Naa..:smile: ...thats not a big deal ..
  • cgrave002
    Options
    As a guy I do not find it wierd, you never know what is going in with a person unless you try to get to know them.:smile:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    IDK. I'm not dating and have no intention to. I dislike affection so it's not so hard for me to stay single. I don't crave that attention like some people do. Since the divorce I'm just so jaded by the whole idea of being in a relationship. One day when I feel like I'm ready, I will put myself out there but it won't be for a long while. I don't see how it's an issue unless there's some other factors at work.
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    It probably won't matter much if he's into the woman (or vise verse). Could be an issue if it matures and that time away from dating makes it so the person is unable to deal with some of the things you need to compromise on when dating someone. Just my two cents.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    If a guy is into you, he will not care if you were a nun until today.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with not having someone "steady" in your life, but I'd be a little curious how one could go without a little outside affection... you know, other than the B.o.B (Battery operated Boyfriend...)

as a note to this....some of us dont WANT something casual and would rather just rely on Mr.Batteries to do the job. i've got nothing against people who have friends with benefits at all, i just dont wanna do that, myself. and i know i'm not the only one.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    @NYDoll - I don't think it is an issue at all. I hope you are fretting over it. :flowerforyou:

You should not have to explain yourself to anyone or clarify your 'dating' situation to anyone.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why it might be an issue. My mom doesn't want to be with anyone, because the few times she has trusted someone enough, she got hurt REALLY bad. She hasn't been with anyone in over 5 years.

Love your signature!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

as a note to this....some of us dont WANT something casual and would rather just rely on Mr.Batteries to do the job. i've got nothing against people who have friends with benefits at all, i just dont wanna do that, myself. and i know i'm not the only one.

nothing wrong with Mr. Batteries!! He can be the perfect boyfriend. He does everything you ask and no back talk!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    That is nice to know!!!! I have been single for almost 5 years. I just do not had the time with my carreer, my buisness, my kids and taking care of myself.