Any horse people on here?

Options
Just thinking about starting a support group of horse people using our passion for horses to help motivate us. If one has already been started could you direct me to them? If not, is anyone interested?

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm not, but I know Sara_xo is....
  • Dittomom
    Dittomom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hopefully she'll chime in.
  • SunnyOhio
    Options
    From 7 years old until about a year ago I rode hunter/jumpers. Even though I don't ride right now, I totally support this idea.
  • Dittomom
    Options
    Great mewart10! Love to have you join us. I currently have 10 horses and ride dressage and western. I really like trail riding and showing. I took a few jumping lessons and enjoyed it but I'm not brave enough to do too much of that LOL. Hoping to reward myself for some weight loss over the winter with either an overnight camping trip with the horses or a weekend at a local bed and barn.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    own a 2000 german import gelding showing 1.25m - 1.35m jumpers
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I own a breeding pair of APHA.
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    awww yay! I was SUCH a horse girl from age 8 to 19. I rode every chance I got, worked in the barn over the summers, had a job training an older horse for a beginner rider for a couple years. pretty much exclusively Dressage, but some jumping and lots of trail riding in a Western saddle too. I have not been at it since college, but Hope to jump back in one of these days!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm in. Do dressage and Show jumping on my TB here is Aus. but rode hunter/jumper in IL for 16 years before moving here :)
  • ThompsonH
    Options
    Im in too... I have a black and white APHA mare Ps Platinum Lace..aka Lily. I ride trails mostly and i plan on breeding her this spring to another black and white out of Fl. I have pics of her on my profile.
  • Dittomom
    Options
    Yay! More horse people!! I'm excited. What ways do you use your passion for horses to motivate yourself to exercise or eat healthier?

I'm having such a tough time since I don't get to ride much this time of year. It is so hard to get the stars aligned right to get it done. I have to get home before dark and the weather has to be fairly decent since i don't have any type of shelter to ride in. It helps if both the horse and I are healthy too although I figure if I'm well enough to get the saddle up there I'm good to ride LOL.

I didn't get to ride for a couple of weeks and finally got to ride and I can't believe how sore I am. Has anyone tried the yoga on horseback type of exercises? I've seen the videos for sale but wondered if they were worth it? Can't wait to see pics of your horses.
  • Dom82
    Options
    Well i figured if i weigh less then it will be less tress on my horse and the fitter i get the better i find i can ride :)

since you asked..

a pic of me and TJ... not bad for a off the track TB with 12 months worth of work put in him
    2010_0826September0101.jpg
  • Dittomom
    Options
    Awww, very NICE Dom82! I have a horse named TJ too. He is a short stocky little grade buckskin that will take me anywhere on the trails safely.

I would post pics but haven't figured out how yet. I'll try again this evening.
  • jsecret
    Options
    DOM - Where in IL did you ride at ? I'm in Illinois so pretty familiar with the h/j farms around.

My "kids"

My APHA 7 y/o Stallion - QTPocos Sonny Dancer

halter.jpg

My APHA 5 y/o Mare - Smooth Colored Beauty

37523_1303643525893_1674655570_673451_545198_n.jpg
  • Dittomom
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful paints jsecret! Love them both. I bet they produce some loud babies. Have you had any foals out of them yet? Must see pics of those too!!

I give up. How do you post pics on here?
  • jsecret
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful paints jsecret! Love them both. I bet they produce some loud babies. Have you had any foals out of them yet? Must see pics of those too!!

I give up. How do you post pics on here?

Nope this will be her first foal - I've seen a few out of him though.

Here's his foal from this year:

36168_1389932563065_1674655570_842845_6519833_n.jpg

62337_1360589589509_1674655570_793909_6960084_n.jpg
  • Dittomom
    Options
    OMG! That is the cutest foal!! Love those eyes and that face. Love palomino and buckskin paints anyway but that baby is just too cute.

How do you get your pictures on here? I've tried copy and pasting the image code and just copying and pasting the picture but its not working for me.
  • Dom82
    Options
    jsecret- I rode at Spring Hill Farm when it was still running under that name :) Very cute foal.
  • Dittomom
    Options
    Getting my dressage mare legged back up after about a year lay off. It felt so good to be riding her and she seems ready to go.
  • jsecret
    Options
    OMG! That is the cutest foal!! Love those eyes and that face. Love palomino and buckskin paints anyway but that baby is just too cute.

How do you get your pictures on here? I've tried copy and pasting the image code and just copying and pasting the picture but its not working for me.

photo url

Make sure the [img]is in lowercase or it will not work. :)[/img]
  • blueymo
    blueymo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit out of place here because I don't own any horses. I didn't get to ride for the first time until I was 19 and now, 7 years later I have learned so much. I have volunteered at an AQHA show barn (pleasure riding); then worked at three summer camps as a wrangler (one with 2 horses, one with about 20 horses, and then one with 90+horses). I have spent the past 2 years working at another AQHA show barn (all around) and loving it. I didn't get to ride much because I don't know much and I'm not a strong rider (not much experience really, and being overweight seems to be a big challenge for me). I work in the summers as the horse program director at a local camp because I know a lot about training and I'm really good at ground work, but my goal is to become a much better rider! So, all of that to say, I would like to join here, but I don't own my own horse. I do live at a farm house and take care of another ladies 6 pasture horses, but that doesn't really count! Anyway, hope to hear from you all as you continue to be motivated through these awesome animals.

I am motivated when I think of being able to just hop up (without struggling and using a bucket) and actually looking decent in a pic of me on a horse. I'm not impressed with my pics thus far. Thanks all!