No Energy :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Exercise will give you energy. Start doing it and in a week, you'll see that you feel more energetic already.

The more healthy food you eat, the better you'll feel. Fruits. Veggies. Lean, white meat (e.g. baked chicken). Tuna. Whole grains. Fat-free or low-fat dairy. Some eggs.

Everyone should visit a doctor when beginning their weight loss journey. He will be able to determine if the lack of energy stems from a medical problem, give you advice about the type of foods you should and shouldn't be eating, help you set a calorie goal and recommend an exercise program. He can also guide you through your weight loss.

Doctors aren't just for when you're sick. If you don't get a yearly physical, now is the time to start. Go see the doctor.
  • lovelycurves2014
    lovelycurves2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Did anyome else struggle with energy and motivation when you first started? My biggest weakness is soda and I havent had one in a week. I cant beat off this tired sluggish feeling amd I just cant find the motivatiom to begin exercising :( how did y'all overcome this?

I have the exact same problem, my biggest weakness is soda too, and I haven't had any in a week as well. I swear I have low energy right now because I'm detoxing from all the crap that was in it. I feel like just getting out a moving, like going for a walk helps. Add me we can kick the soda addiction. Oh drinking lots of water is helping too.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Did anyome else struggle with energy and motivation when you first started? My biggest weakness is soda and I havent had one in a week. I cant beat off this tired sluggish feeling amd I just cant find the motivatiom to begin exercising :( how did y'all overcome this?

Wow, you will be having a bit of withdrawal!

Replace all that soda you used to drink with water. I drink about a gallon a day. It will motivate you to exercise - at least walking to the loo a lot! :laugh:

Put sliced lemon and/or limes and cucumber in it to jazz it up a little. Or drink sparkling water if you like it.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For me, I found the healthier I ate, the more energized I was. Also, working out (even on days I did not feel like it) energized me. When I first started, I would just walk. Even if it was around the block once or twice.

Make a goal to do an exercise for 10 mins at least and if you are still not up for it, then you can stop. Once you get started, usually you are good to go. I often say "The Hardest Part About Getting To The Gym, Is Getting To The Gym".

^^this^^ After a long day at work I'm sometimes tempted not to go to the gym or walk my dogs...I tell myself to go and at least do a bit of treadmill, or at least walk the dogs 1 mile...most times I do a complete workout and do the usual 2 mile neighborhood circuit with the dogs, and end up feeling MUCH better than when I started.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water to replace the soda

If you have no energy to work out - I personally would look at your diet.

How much protein & fat are you actually consuming a day?

You want to get in lots of yummy fruits & veggies

For me when I eat really well, I feel amazing!! I have lots of energy to power me through my work outs.

If I eat crap.... I feel like crap.... Zero energy... .
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter and push yourself. Constant and consistent will get you to where you want to go

29509743.png
  • fox6411
    fox6411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You also may want to make sure you're getting enough sleep, getting in your vitamins, etc. :-)
  • AngelaRoberta
    AngelaRoberta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The time of day that you exercise might also me affecting things. I used to work out after work and half the time I felt too exhausted to go. I changed my work schedule and started going before work- found I had a lot more energy then. But you also need to keep in mind that lifestyle changes don't happen over night. Take your time and ease into it so you don't burn yourself out or get frustrated. If you only have energy to go on a walk around the block, then do that. It's better then sitting on a couch somewhere and it's a start. After a week or two, add some weights or jogging or increase the distance. As you become more fit, things will get easier. You'll get there.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I used liquid B vitamin supplements to get some energy. Be sure to take these half an hour before exercise if you are having trouble getting enough energy to get through your workout.