New Vegetarian (almost Vegan) on the block

StruckBlue
StruckBlue Posts: 3 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi
I've been a vegetarian all my life but in recent years have moved gradually closer to becoming vegan. I always like to see what other vegetarians eat and what recipes they have so I would be delighted to meet other like minds.

I've found this site amazingly useful to see where the hidden calories are in my diet and to demonstrate that I actually do seem to get enough protein after all, despite some pre conceptions of people around me.

My diary is public and I will try and upload some of the recipes I have developed over the years. I recently made some gluten-free peanut butter cookies with Whole Earth peanut butter (ie no sugar) - they turned out really nice!

StruckBlue

Replies

• kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Hi Struck Blue! I'm an almost Vegetarian :) I don't eat red meat or pork, and keep my protein to fish, poultry and nuts/seeds.

I really like vegetarian cooking and am always down for some gluten free recipes. I have a mild gluten sensitivity so it's something I've been wanting to move towards, anyway.

Looking forward to reading your blog. Friend req coming.

Kate
  • hi fellow veg all your life! we're rare it seems! gonna friend you! ^__^
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Hey! Nice to meet you!

I have been a vegetarian my entire life and in recent years have gone pretty much Vegan, although I am NOT strict about it. As in, reading bread labels and such. I feel so much better when I don't eat dairy!

I also eat pretty much all organic. I tend to snack on nuts and (high protein) alternative meats, as well as tofu (which can be delicious if the cook knows what they're doing!)

Good luck! & please feel free to ask me anything!

-Chancy
  • Nice to meat you!! I am niether vegan nor vegetarian, but I rarely eat beef or pork (I mean once or twice a year). I eat a lot of chicken and fish. I am trying to cut out dairy (almost) completely. I would be very interested in your recipes and ideas. I am trying to lose close to 80 pounds and to lower my cholesterol. Please friend me if you don't mind a meat-eater on your list! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.