chia seeds

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
cha cha chia seeds...what do I do with them?

Replies

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I stick them in my greek yogurt, and then top the yogurt with granola and fresh fruit.

I've also stuck them in my eggs.

I know people throw them into their juices and smoothies.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    baked goods, yogurt, oat meal, chia pudding
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Add them to oatmeal, banana chia pudding... chia pet??
  • Lelah77
    Lelah77 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have done the yogurt thing and it isn't bad, and it definitely makes it more filling... but I don't love the two textures together.

Baked goods have been the best solution I have heard. I had mini-lemon chia muffins and they were scrum-diddly-umptious.
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love to grate 1/2 of an apple, sprinkle it with cinnamon and add 1-2tbsp chia. Put in the fridge for a bit, and enjoy.
  • Countertop_guitar
    Countertop_guitar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding. Google it, but the basics are 1/3 cup chia seeds added to 1 cup of milk, I use almond milk (or any liquid really) and it turns into a gel like substance. Add a little flavour and/or sweetener and/or butter and mix and it makes for quite a healthy and delicious breakfast. I usually let it set it in the fridge overnight, but you have to make sure to give it one mix or shake a few minutes after your initial mix or it tends to clump on the bottom.

I like it warmed up a little in the microwave.
  • heartworth9
    heartworth9 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding

1 can of coconut milk
    2T cocoa
    1t vanilla

Blend in a blender. Then put into a bowl and add 1/2 cup of chia seeds. Stir and blend well. Refrigerate.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing memorable for sure. I've done chia pudding, it's meh. Not even that filling for me. It does seem to make overnight oats a bit better though (for some reason I'm not that fond of them).