Calories during Cardio Kickboxing?

bsoxluvr
bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,

I don't have a HRM so I'm hoping someone can give me an estimate of how many calories you would burn during a 45 minute cardio kickboxing class? MFP says about 563, but I'm going to say that is WAY too high. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Depends on how hard you are working. I take a Turbo Kick class that is 45 minutes and burn about 550-600. I am working super hard, pouring sweat, don't miss a beat, etc. So yes, it can be done.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    You'll need a HRM. Sorry. It's going to be different for everyone...and different even for you, from day to day. There is no set number or range we can give you that will be accurate.
  • I agree with @abkeeling. You need a HRM. I had to save up for mine. It was well worth it. Skinny girls next to me were burning 800 - 1000 calories or more so I assumed I was too. I was even working harder than them.
    For whatever reason I was only burning 400 to 600 calories at the most. I was eating some of calories burned and not losing the weight.

The HRM told me exactly what my heart rate was and how many calories I was burning. Now I've started to lose the weight.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I burn almost 700 in 1 hr Kickboxing if I keep up on all the hopping and jacks in between moves. And I'm 150. It's an incredible workout! Only burn about 500 if I slack on the jacks though and let my HR lower.
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Thanks everyone. I'm hoping Santa leaves me a HRM under the tree ;)
This discussion has been closed.