do antipsychotics cause weight gain?

Options
13»

Replies

• icetopaz
    icetopaz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just because you personally haven't experienced a lot of weight gain doesn't mean that other people aren't having legitimate problems with this type of medication - people are individuals and their brain can respond differently which can be explained by their genetics and individual sensitivities to drugs - one person may be affected by worrying weight gain and another have no problem at all. Also antipsychotics are different from antidepressants. Whilst it is definitely helpful to look at addressing any unhelpful habits, the attitude of your posts is quite judgemental of someone dealing with an issue you admit that you have no personal experience of.

So the weight that you may gain isn't that much. I am on medication for depression and haven't noticed any gain at all. I agree with the poster who says that people are just blaming weight gain on the medications. I have been on countless. Yeah it sucks, but you can deal with it if you really want to lose weight. The manufactures have to disclose that it may cause weight gain, but it doesn't cause THAT much weight gain. It's just your lack of self control.

To the OP. You have already posted other threads like this, quit searching for an answer that will justify your habits. If you want help there is advice out there. The last time you had posted something like this it was 16lbs in 3 weeks with the same weight range. If it's such a huge deal just go off the meds, talk to your doctor. If you're always hungry, drink water. But if you were overweight before the medication it is your habits that are causing you to gain weight.