Working out more but not hungry

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
I have been on a roll this month working out about 5 days a week. I noticed after my workouts I'm really not that hungry. For dinner tonight I had 2 hard boil eggs and a GNC lean shake. In the past sometimes I'd be starving after a good workout.

I've also noticed since I've changed my diet I get full easier. Had a chicken salad for lunch and felt stuffed after I ate it as if I ate a steak with mashed potatoes or something haha. Is this normal? Is my body adapting to become more satisfied with less?

Replies

• Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    In my experience - this is completely normal.

I also don't feel hungry after a work-out. I can probably go about 5-7 hours without eating after a workout (I try not to, it's probably not too good for you). But I will just eat something small then try and make it up later.

I also agree that the less you eat, the less your stomach needs to fill it. I've certainly found that. It's also maybe a little psychological. Once you're committed and decided that you're actually going to make the changes, you probably crave a little less or think about it all a little less. At least, that's how my brain sees it (committing to it and making the change makes it almost easy to turn down choccies and treats at work.)

I have no science to back any of this up, just experience and the fact that I feel the same as you :)
  • ChrisJMellor
    Options
    I went to low-carb and did exercise. And I experienced same thing - not hungry after exercise. Is it normal? I think it depends on the individual but is it something you share with others? Yes - it's not an uncommon thing:)

Be happy:) it makes having a calorie deficit much easier:)

One thing I will say though is that (in my case) if I burn more than say 1500 cals in a session or exercise for longer than say 90 minutes, I force myself to have something to eat after I finish. This is either a banana or a boiled egg, something like that. Light and easy.

Why? It helps with recovery afterwards.

Just remember to rehydrate afterwards:)