New from The Bahamas

Options
I joined MFP a couple of weeks ago and dig the easy way to log your progress. Now I am just getting into it and finding more things that help my "quest" - which is to lose my quit smoking weight gain!!! I live in the Bahamas on the beach so I have no excuses but to get out there. Today I started the couch to 5k and actually completed it! Woo-hoo! Does anyone know how to log that as an exercise?? Would appreciate it. - OAW

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You are going to love this site. Great place to meet friends, stay motivated and focused, and share common goals.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    The Bahamas!!! I think I need to visit and motivate you personally.

Signed, a cold, snowy Canadian :bigsmile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!:flowerforyou:
    You will love this site and get motivated.
    I wish I could walk on the beach everyday.
    I just got back from Jamaica where it was
    85 degrees and back to cold weather in
    Canada.
    Good Luck on your journey.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! As you have found out, the website is very user friendly. The best way to get your calories burned is to buy a HRM (I have one on order). Otherwise, they do have running (jogging) under Cardiovascular. You need to get friends on here that can motivate you. Please feel free to request me by clicking on my username. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss/fitness journey. And, congratulations on that no smoking thing. :)
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and support - I really appreciate it!!!! - Carol (On a Whymm)