How to make bland foods interesting?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah8486
    Options
    Forgot about grilling them!
    That will be something I will have to try.
    Thanks!
  • sarah8486
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas!
    All of them have helped, as I'm not much of a cook and they all seem pretty eay to do.
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas! I have never really learned of a good way to cook veggies so I have resorted to buying the steam in bag veggies. I am going to give some of these ideas a try! Thanks!
  • ElenaRenee
    Options
    Steamed vegetables are so healthy but they need a little help in the flavor dept. i think. Stuff like Broccoli, asparagus, greens (swiss chard, collards) go well with a spicy sauce.

1/4cup low sodium soy sauce
    1 T Sesame OIl
    2 T chopped green onion
    1 jalepeno or serrano pepper
    1 t. toasted sesame seeds

If you want to make it more spicy add in more chile peppers or hot sauce. Adjust the seasonings according to your tastes. Yumm.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm a veggie roasting fool!

I take eggplant, squash, onion, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots, toss them in something (usually salt, pepper, and olive oil), and roast them in the oven at 400 degrees. Check after 20 minutes.

I put them in HUGE gladware containers and toss the veggies in olive oil so I only use a few tbs of olive oil for all those veggies.

Store bought pesto sauce has a comparable amount of calories to the olive oil and is also a nice choice for seasoning.

I divide the roasted veggies into small containers and eat them at the office with a protein during the week.

ENJOY!

Charmagne