Yet another noob

Options
Hey all!

I am Jesse 27 years old and looking to make some major changes in my life :)
I have struggled to gain an ounce of wieght for most of my life... I have been 155 ibs since I was 16
Yer probably saying yeah poor guy lol... but really I wish to gain rather than lose. I'd like to be at least 175 here in the near future.

I'd also like to gain muscle mass as well, problem being I attend no gym and sit down most of the day at work..... If someone has any at home routines they could share w/ me it'd be more than appretiated. I have a limit access to free wieghts...

So yeah that's me and my problems in a nut shell :D

Replies

• myownweaknesses
    myownweaknesses Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! welcome :)
  • carmen9560
    Options
    Hi I am Carmen...here we go with yet another try to stop the madness..this has to be a year of CHANGE for me....happy to chat and need a couple or more diet partners...any tips or quotes or good positive feedback welcome...
  • ewarm24
    Options
    hi, i'm eric, i'm comming from the opposite end but i work out at home doing the p90x which all my friends have trimmed up with, if i were you, i would raise my calorie, carb and protien intake to at least 3000/200/300 and lift heavy weights doing 8 to 10 reps. if you stay at home a program like p90x would work as long as you use heavy weights, thats my 2 cents for what its worth, good luck!
  • Jesse1983
    Options
    Thanx Eric I might just have to give it a whirl. I will be the first to admit is my problem is under eating..... I am going to start taking protien sups and choking down more food lol.... I think I just really need to either invest in more wieghts and a bench or a gym membership.

Thank you guys for the welcome :)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Ah....Jesse is my favorite Noob! :laugh:

Try checking out Youtube to see if there are any body building/muscle mass workout routines that you can do. Also - check out a fitness show on tv - if you have FIT TV that is a good one. If you don't have weights, make them - use some canned foods - fill up some gallon jugs with water, get some bricks & toss them around out in the yard, or old tires, etc.... Also check with Kym to see if Scott has some old hand weights that he isn't using anymore and you can have or borrow!

Welcome, Noob! :flowerforyou:
  • Jesse1983
    Options
    OOOOooooo...... I didn't even think of that thanx Kelly :) How'd you know I got tons of junk just laying around the ol yard???
    I think someone's been spying on me lol jk
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    LOL - yep I'm your stalker! :)