Ate a massive pizza and too scared to get on the scales

Options
13»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Like the title says, it had double pepperoni and extra cheese. 12 inch.

What do you do when you've messed up?

I get on the scale ASAP.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Overeating something like pizza or anything really carby will also replenish glycogen stores so don't be shocked if you are 2-3lbs heavier. A pizza has a lot of sodium so that will also contribute. I found when I had a binge day, I'd over eat maybe 1500-2000 calories I'd immediately gain 2-3lbs which we all know is physically impossible as 1lb or fat = 3500 calories. Don't *kitten* the bed, move on and it may do you good to see the 3lbs fall off over the week so you know for next time that you didn't "ruin everything" Remember, it's not fat... a lot of things contribute to scale weight so just keep on keeping on.

ETA: I've smashed 2000 cals in 30 minutes before :) IT HAPPENS to everyone lol

all the answers have been great, but this one was very educational for me. Thanks Fascha!
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I bet it was wonderful! Work out and burn 2100 calories!

P.s. Pizza and beer are my downfalls. I can NOT resist them!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Overeating something like pizza or anything really carby will also replenish glycogen stores so don't be shocked if you are 2-3lbs heavier. A pizza has a lot of sodium so that will also contribute. I found when I had a binge day, I'd over eat maybe 1500-2000 calories I'd immediately gain 2-3lbs which we all know is physically impossible as 1lb or fat = 3500 calories. Don't *kitten* the bed, move on and it may do you good to see the 3lbs fall off over the week so you know for next time that you didn't "ruin everything" Remember, it's not fat... a lot of things contribute to scale weight so just keep on keeping on.

ETA: I've smashed 2000 cals in 30 minutes before :) IT HAPPENS to everyone lol

I would add to this that even if your pizza was 3500 calories over your maintenance, you're not going to actually put on one pound of fat...the body simply doesn't work that way. You have to consistently overindulge to get fat, just as you have to consistently under-eat to burn fat. I eat well over my maintenance calories pretty much every Saturday yet I've still managed to maintain for over 16 months...

This is all about what you're consistently doing most of the time...not little hiccups like this.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Lot it and be done with it. Don't step on the scale if you don't want to.

I would have gone for the 14 incher.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    best part about calorie counting is that even when you have a bad day it's not the end of the world, just keep on truck'n. Before I started calorie counting I'd have chipotle for lunch and have a pizza for dinner, then do something bad the next day, then the next day and on and on.

The fact that you are calorie counting gives you a major advantage, even if you have a bad day it's not going to be as bad as it was before when you werent even recording.
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Like the title says, it had double pepperoni and extra cheese. 12 inch.

What do you do when you've messed up?

I probably would not whine about it on a MFP forum thread.

Life is too short to worry about things like this....
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Options
    It's ok!! Just be sure to log it- in other words, be accountable for it- and get back on track. If you let yourself get too upset about it, you might be eating pizza everyday again. Pizza is yummy- I do hope you enjoyed it!
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    10K cals is pretty bad LOL. I highly doubt a thin crust pizza is 10K. Pizza Hut is the most calorie dense I know and it's only 3-350/slice. Even times the 8 that would come in a 12" and that's nowhere near 10K.

She meant 1000. Their thin crust pizzas are relatively low cal.

Oh lol got it.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I eat a pepperoni pizza every week, split over 2 meals and don't see any issues with it..
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You had a setback. It's not the end of the world.

If you don't want to get on the scale, don't get on the scale. That's easy.

You're going to be extra hungry now, though, and will have to adjust back to eating normally,

You cannot uneat the pizza. Log your calories (what were they?!) and move on. What else can you do?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat a pepperoni pizza every week, split over 2 meals and don't see any issues with it..
    But that's not what the OP is talking about.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    The scale will probably react more to the salt in the pepperoni than to the 2100 calories. So, maybe 2/3 of a pound from calories. Maybe a little more from water, but that will go away. Was it good? I'm now craving pizza!
  • andrewelee1983
    andrewelee1983 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on, its over, today's a new day.

QFT, I also tend to walk a few more miles when i exercise that day. As long as this happens less than once per month you'll be fine
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Extra CHEESE!!!YUM! Go back to your usual exercise and careful eating and weigh a week after that if it might upset you to weigh now.