Not feeling hungry

Options
Okay guys, here's the issue..
I'm trying at the moment to lose weight and I'm eating 3 meals a day, my calorie intake per day is around 1200-1350 but I have a tendency to snack at night but I try to make it something healthy.. The real issue here is that now it's past 12 mid day and I haven't had anything to eat and I'm not hungry.. Iv drank about a glass of water as I normally do but iv noticed that recently I don't get hungry until after 1 or even 2pm.. Is it a problem??

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Part of it may be habit (what your stomach is used to) and part your snacking. I ate more snacky foods last night than usual and, even though my calories were under, am SO not ready for breakfast this morning (which I always eat).

If you want to keep a regular schedule, have a smaller lunch at noon. If you don't mind having your meals wander, eat later. It is important to eat. I wouldn't worry so much about the timing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    No it's not an issue...lots here do IF...as long as you eat enough food in the course of a day to fuel your activity you are good to go.

However 1200-1300 depending on your stats is probably the lowest you should go...esp if you exercise and that is Net calories.

I snack at night too..last night I had dinner at 7:30...then had an ice cream bar and a chocolate bar...just like every other night since I joined MFP and as you can see it didn't stop me...
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've run into this a lot lately too, especially on days where I work out.

I still get up and have my cup of tea every morning and because I have blood sugar issues, hungry or not I have something small (a peach, greek yogurt, a zucchini muffin, etc), but lately I haven't been interested in eating anything post workout or anything at all after that until 2-3 in the afternoon, which considering I typically eat every 2-3 hours and get up at about 6am is crazy to me.

This week I've just been introducing calorie dense foods to make sure I'm hitting my calories and macros best I can; yesterday I literally ate pizza for dinner to do that. The day before it was foods like cashews and tricks like adding an extra egg to my omelette when I did eat.

I've gone through this before in the past when I hit the point that I was working out more than 3 days a week; I do find my hunger stabilizes usually 2-3 weeks later though.

Just do your best to eat as close to your BMR as possible so your body is getting what it needs, and then relax and let it adjust.
  • Hisgarden123
    Hisgarden123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How long have you been losing weight. I am having the same difference in my life since seriously taking my food intake by the throat. I think it is because we have reduce the size of our stomach, our food "desires, and naturally; instead of thinking about eating, I am concentrating on taking the dogs for a walk three times a day and writing. I don't know how long it is going to last, but personally, I am loving it. Relax and after two weeks, if you are still concerned go to an Internist and get your throid values checked. Be well, be happy drink more water and blog more. Very cleansing for the mind and soul. My best friend just died after knowing her 50 plus years. I miss her...
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    If you're able to meet your nutritional needs and your hunger isn't negatively impacting the quality of your life, or your progress, then no I don't think lack of hunger is a problem.