How I lost 391lbs in 18 months! (with YouTube video)

Options

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Job well done! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • brian3245
    brian3245 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :-)
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It gives me hope. I started MFP on 6/5/2014 weighing 280 at 5'2". I have lost 12 pounds and am on my way. I had emergency surgery just before Christmas last year due to a cellulitis outbreak on my stomach. Three rounds of antibiotics did nothing for it. I had another outbreak about 3 months ago on the back of my left thigh and on my upper abdomen. It took 2 rounds of antibiotics but it did go away without surgery that time. I am in another outbreak now with an area on my lower right back above my hip and another on my left underarm toward the back. They are very painful and I will have to go tomorrow for yet more antibiotics. I do not like taking them because I know having to take them so often will cause me to become resistant to them. Your post lets me know that I can overcome this. If you have any advice on combating cellulitis, I am all ears/eyes. Your transformation is amazing, by the way. Just awesome.

By the way, I was born in Adrian and I LOVE Cedar Point. Bob Low Island was also a fav. I need to take a trip to Michigan in the next year or so. I live in Tennessee now. Haven't been "home" since 1979.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    But, but, but STARVATION MODE!?!?!!?!?!

Congrats on that amazing achievement! Keep up the good work! You are such an inspiration to so many, I'm sure.
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yeah Iwishyouwell this kinda destroys that starvation mode theory out of the water, doesn't it lol.
  • brian3245
    brian3245 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Musica - I got cellulitis through breaks in the skin on my feet (usually between the toes).
    Now I just try to keep them clean and change my socks often! Cellulitis is tough and I've been hospitalized 4 times because of it. Losing the weight has really helped and I think improved circulation helps.
    Thanks for the comments and I wish you the best of luck!
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Brian, You have an amazing story with so much willpower and determination. You are such an inspiration to those of us beginning our weight loss journey. Thanks so much for sharing your story. You seem like an amazing person, so happy for you and your accomplishment. Keep it up!! and Good luck with Jackie hope things progress for you in this department.
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All I can say to this is WOW!!!!!!!!!! Brian you have done an amazing job! You are living proof that changing a lifestyle can be done. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey so far with us. I am sure you will inspire many people that are ready to quit. Best of luck to you as you continue to progress. And Jackie sounds like an amazing woman!
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options
    Wow Brian, what an inspiring story! Way to go! I wish you all the best with your marathon, and with your friend. What a wonderful coincidence for the two of you to have found one another! <3
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    You inspire me to try even harder.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Outstanding transformation. Addition of resistance (weight training) will add a new dimension to your transformation. It is great that you had a friend that was a true friend and not an enabler.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    wow absolutely amazing!! great job!
  • kbeloved
    kbeloved Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    dude you're seriously awesome! i love it. i watched your youtube video too :] jackie sounds like she was exactly what you needed to start you on your fantastic journey. YOU LOOK GREAT! for having lost that much weight you really do look like a completely different, young and healthy person. you should be very proud!! i quit smoking pot cold turkey five years ago with the help of my boyfriend and while i didn't suffer physical withdrawls i definitely did mentally. you're such an inspiration and i really admire that you didn't make excuses and got the job done. i'm so happy i read your story :]
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us. Congratulations on all you have done for yourself and others. :):smile:
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Your story really spoke to me. I feel like I wasted the past 7 years of my life with depression. I feel so mad at the world and at myself. I'm applying myself now, working hard and trying to move past the pain and regrets.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your incredible and inspiring story. How wonderful that someone on the other side of the world, got you started on your journey! I have found a lot of support, encouragement, friendship from lovely people on MFP, even though we may never get to meet in person. You were correct in saying that the meals in your country are quite large compared to others, my grandson married and moved to CA from here ( Australia), he has gained quite a lot of weight with breakfast burritos and the like...
    the fast food companies here are getting into the supersize mode as well which is a worry with kids becoming obese.
    I am about to go and watch your youtube video now. Good luck for the future, you are AWESOME!!
  • MiaW1234
    MiaW1234 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow! What a wonderful story. You did remarkably well and are a great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!