no motivation!

Options
cwjett
cwjett Posts: 189 Member
ok i have seem to have lost my motivation!! I haven't exercised in a week, besides yard work, and painting house. I feel like a bum and now I don't even have the desire to go to the gym, I think of other things I could be doing.
I was doing so good going in the mornng before work and now that I have skipped a week all motivation is gone! :cry:

I'm hoping tonight I can find some time to get away to the gym or go for a walk at least!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cwjett
    Options
    ok i have seem to have lost my motivation!! I haven't exercised in a week, besides yard work, and painting house. I feel like a bum and now I don't even have the desire to go to the gym, I think of other things I could be doing.
    I was doing so good going in the mornng before work and now that I have skipped a week all motivation is gone! :cry:

I'm hoping tonight I can find some time to get away to the gym or go for a walk at least!

Have a great week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    That was how my week was last week. I lost all motivation to keep going, then yesterday I just kinda looked at my mirror and said "Hey, knock it off. Do you really want to feel like crap all the time again?"

Then I started cooking one heck of a good dinner and I did some aerobics. You just gotta keep on getting back on that horse! :)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Everyone has that week where everything seems blah.

When you're having a no motivation day, try these things that MSN.com is always suggesting:

Commit to 10 minutes. Chances are that once you get going you'll finish. If not, then go home after the ten.

Another thing to try is to do your least favorite excercises first so you're looking forward to your favs. It'll pull you through.

Hope those help :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    When I have a bad day, I force myself to think about this: if I stop now, or get lazy now, in 6 months I'm going to start all over again, wondering why I had to go and blow it the first time, I'll have as much to lose, but half the time to do it! (I'm trying to lose it in time for my summer '09 wedding) If you stop now, all your progress will stop with you and you owe yourself better than that! Today is a new day, get back out there! :flowerforyou:
  • cwjett
    Options
    thanks msarro!
    i just weighed myself and i lost a pound, but that concerns me because i haven't worked out in a week so it may be muscle i lost!

I have been sticking to me healthy eating so maybe skipping a week of exercise isn't as bad as i am thinking, i have been busy doing other things.

My husband commented this morning that i was looking smaller around my waist so thats a plus!! :bigsmile:
    Its these thighs and hips i have to work on though!! lol