I'm finally ready to lose again!

Meganlenee
Meganlenee Posts: 1
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Megan and I am 24 years old. I graduated college last December and dropped 30lb, well I got a great job this last Feburary and quickly gained the weight back. I think part of the reason for the gain was do to the fact I had moved back home and was eating big home cooked meals that my ma made. When I was in school cooking for myself I only ate healthy things. Well I have been on my own for about six months and have settled with my job. I am now ready to lose the weight once again. Physically I know I can lose the weight, I have done it once before and I have always been athletic.
I struggle with the fact that my dad runs like 12 miles a day and is very active and my brother who is just a year older than me works out like crazy. They continue to bug me about working out and getting back in shape. They really just do not understand that I am a female and it is a little harder to lose weight. I know they just want to help motivate me and their hearts are in the right place. With me out of the house and away from them I can focus on what is good for me and how I want to get in shape for me.
Anyways thats my story.

Replies

• Hi Megan- Your topic is my mantra "I'm ready to lose again." Like you, I have been up and down in weight over the last 20 years. Now that I have one daughter in college and a senior in high school, it's time to think about me again. I agree, men lose it so much easier than us women. It's pretty annoying!! I'm proud of you for making the decision to change. I think it begins with our grocery list. At least for me it does. If I have good stuff in the pantry and in the frig I'm more likely to cook healthy. Maybe you can share your fitness ideas with me. I have been a couch potatoe for a long time. Here is my latest meal- I just made a yummy chicken and chunky vegetable soup. ingredients: boneless chicken, 3 zuchinni, 1/2 white onion, 1/4 cabbage, 3 carrots, 2 potatoes , 2 garlic pieces, all vegies were cut into cubes, and a little onion salt.. It came out great. It will make a large spagetti pot.
    Have a great day!!:happy:
  • b4babyweight
    b4babyweight Posts: 4 Member
    good luck!!!! hopefully u can drop the weight and then out run your dad lol
This discussion has been closed.