Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    5cd33aa3cb1cfc91fae4d3e87724ac32.jpg
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I was reading something the other day because my friend was concerned that doing Spinning classes would make her legs bigger. I've been doing spinning since April and my legs (and butt) have got bigger...however the article was basically that for your legs to get bigger through exercise (article was specifically talking about cycling) it depends on what was there to start with. If you have nothing to start with (i.e. very slim frame, and decreasing muscle mass through deficit/dieting etc) then it can be likely that you will find your legs get bigger. This of course is a game of variable factors such as genetics, type of exercise, diet, etc etc, but I thought it made an interesting point relative to my personal experience.
    For people that are overweight then it is likely that with the amount of cardio their legs will get smaller.
    I started Spinning back in March when I was a stringy long distance runner with no strength. I truly love my bigger lower half and the ability on the bike it gives me.
  • soberlicious
    soberlicious Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    i applaud you for lifting *and* doing cardio. not just one or the other. but i fail to see any bulk. none whatsoever. you have a lean, muscular look. i'm confuzzled.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    7d2b2fd4129cca5368abf8ecd5e90d2c.jpg
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I saw your pictures.

You are not bulky.

You may suffer from Body Dysmoprhic Disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

My wife has this. It's a struggle. She does not see her body as others see it; as it really is. This is a real condition.

If you think you have this, please get help.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Also, you are 18. Your body could still be growing, changing shape and maturing.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

You may suffer from Body Dysmoprhic Disorder.

If you think you have this, please get help.

^This was my first thought as well.