Paleo Recipes

SkierElle
SkierElle Posts: 335
edited September 22 in Recipes
Hi everyone!!

I know of some online sources but just wondering if any of you know of any good Paleolithic recipes?! Desserts, main courses, salads, anything?! I am about to start Paleo eating full swing and was just looking for some more creative ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I've been playing for a while and check out MDA for idea's http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-recipes/

One of my recent favorites is "Green Eggs and Ham"
    1 Avocado
    1 hard boiled egg
    2 strips of bacon
    squeeze of lime
    S&P

Mash Avocado, egg together, add lime, salt & pepper, crumble bacon over!

My soup of the moment is Coconut Sweet Potato

Sweet potato chunks (you can either roast your own, once cooled, peel and cut into cubes.... or I buy frozen sweet potato chunks)
    Broth (found a delicious fresh duck broth recently, but can be expensive - low sodium chicken or vegetable works)
    1 can full fat coconut milk
    cumin, curry, tumeric to taste.

Bring broth to a rolling boil, add sweet potato and let simmer for 10 minutes, add coconut milk & spices, blend with a
    an immersion blender.

Oh, and just another blogger from the "urbanista" POV: http://cosmopolitanprimalgirl.wordpress.com/tag/diet/
  • XFitMojoMom
    Oh - and Marks Daily Apple has a recipe for a chocolate cake using coconut flour - I have all the ingredients, but haven't made it yet. Good Luck and Add Me if you want.
  • XFitMojoMom
    I haven't tried this one yet, but you can be sure that it'll be on the menu soon

Paleo Broccoli and Pine-Nut Soup

Ingredients
    1 onion, diced
    1tbs oil
    3 cups broccoli
    3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
    ¼ cup pine-nut

Instructions
    Fry onion in a large pan with oil on medium heat until slightly browned Add broccoli and stock and simmer for 10-15minutes or until broccoli has softened.
    Cool slightly

Place in a food processor or use an electric blender to form a smooth texture

Heat to serve.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Got this from Cooking light hope this helps..

Classic Bouillabaisse with Rouille-Topped Croutons

We use red snapper in this dish, but cod, haddock, halibut, or other fresh white fillets will work. Rouille (roo-EE) is traditionally spicy; add 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, if you like.

Yield: 6 servings
    Ingredients
    Rouille:
    2/3 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
    3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
    Croutons:
    4 ounces sourdough bread baguette, cut diagonally into 6 slices
    1 garlic clove, halved
    Bouillabaisse:
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3/4 cup chopped plum tomato (about 2)
    1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, lightly crushed
    3 1/2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed red potato (about 1 pound)
    2 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 8 ounces)
    3 cups clam juice
    1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    24 littleneck clams
    24 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
    12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 (1-pound) red snapper fillet, cut into 12 (2-inch) pieces
    6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    Preparation
    1. Preheat oven to 400°.

2. To prepare rouille, combine roasted red bell peppers and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Set aside.

3. To prepare the croutons, arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake slices at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted. Rub one side of each crouton with cut side of garlic clove halves; discard garlic clove halves. Set croutons aside.

4. To prepare bouillabaisse, heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 8 minutes or until tender. Add tomato; cook 3 minutes. Add saffron; cook 30 seconds. Add potato, fennel, clam juice, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is almost done. Increase heat to medium. Add clams; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add mussels; cover and simmer 3 minutes. Add shrimp and fish; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until shells open, shrimp is done, and fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Discard any unopened shells.

5. Ladle 2 cups seafood mixture into each of 6 shallow bowls. Spread each crouton with about 1 tablespoon rouille. Place 1 crouton on top of each bowl; sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon parsley.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    341 (17% from fat)
    Fat:
    6.5g (sat 0.9g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.8g)
    Protein:
    37.8g
    Carbohydrate:
    32.6g
    Fiber:
    3.7g
    Cholesterol:
    142mg
    Iron:
    10.4mg
    Sodium:
    882mg
    Calcium:
    121mg
  • bump
  • SkierElle
    SkierElle Posts: 335
    I cant find the chocolate cake recipe, but I found this recipe in a magazine and I'm going to try it. very simple!
    Tealicious Peppermint Cocoa
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 peppermint tea bag
    1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
    stevia

=) 52 calories per serving.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    I've been playing for a while and check out MDA for idea's http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-recipes/

One of my recent favorites is "Green Eggs and Ham"
    1 Avocado
    1 hard boiled egg
    2 strips of bacon
    squeeze of lime
    S&P

Mash Avocado, egg together, add lime, salt & pepper, crumble bacon over!

My soup of the moment is Coconut Sweet Potato

Sweet potato chunks (you can either roast your own, once cooled, peel and cut into cubes.... or I buy frozen sweet potato chunks)
    Broth (found a delicious fresh duck broth recently, but can be expensive - low sodium chicken or vegetable works)
    1 can full fat coconut milk
    cumin, curry, tumeric to taste.

Bring broth to a rolling boil, add sweet potato and let simmer for 10 minutes, add coconut milk & spices, blend with a
    an immersion blender.

Oh, and just another blogger from the "urbanista" POV: http://cosmopolitanprimalgirl.wordpress.com/tag/diet/

Love this recipe!
  • XFitMojoMom
This discussion has been closed.