Low Calorie/Fat Ranch Dressing

FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose Posts: 91 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I am a ranch fanatic.. and have ruined quite a few healthy meals and salads with a heavy drowning of ranch-filled calories. I've tried all the low fat/light/fat free brands and they all taste gross to me. Which is why I'm so excited to have found a new way to get what I love and still have it be low on calories.

I found that Land O Lakes makes a ranch seasoning (you can find it by the spices and molly mcbutter type things).. it's only 5 calories for a half teaspoon. I have been taking Daisy light sour cream (40 calories for 2 tbls) mixing it with a little bit of fat free milk (to thin it out) and then putting in the ranch seasoning to taste. I am a big stickler for flavor so I can honestly say that the Daisy light sour cream taste just as good as the original.

Tonight I had a HUGE dinner salad with grilled chicken and I used this mixture on it and it was fabulous... I used 6 tablespoons of sour cream about 3 tbls skim milk and 3 teaspoons of the seasoning and the salad was wet enough for me (I drown mine lol) and the dressing was way lower in calories!

Replies

• YES, a fellow ranch addict!!! I'm gonna have to try that!! :happy:
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Im the type of ranch addict where people would ask me would you like some salad with your ranch lol
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    I am also a ranch addicted. Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.