Milestone reached and a little push to the summit

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
I have yoyoed all my life and struggled with depression ....yadda yadda yadda... Most of you have been there, unless you're fortunate enough to have had good training and sense to eat right and work out all your life.

In 2010 I saw a picture of myself that stopped me dead in my tracks, 210 lbs at 5'3" (if I stand up really tall) ... much like the same experience in 1998 ... when I lost 70 lbs.. except in 2010 I was older and plagued by health issues (of course) and cursing myself for allowing self pity, self doubt and just plain selfishness (in retrospect) to rule my life. I was out of control.

I used Lose It at first, then MyfitnessPal...I had my Fitbit and hiked and walked daily and worked out regularly, and I ate right. Gratefully, I got to see my mom's face when she saw me at a "regular size" .. She grabbed me by the waist and wiggled me back and forth saying, "See, there's my baby girl." She succumbed to Dementia shortly thereafter and passed away in 2012 the day before my birthday, and I reached for a pie... and the scale crept up

But this time was different, because I had rebuilt perspective and when I reached 20 extra lbs I pulled the brake latch and got back on the track.. and got help.

I have lost the 20, plus about 7 more since March working with a medical program based on high protein, low carbs and counseling. I am about 6 lbs from my final goal weight.. and will be easing into maintenance over the next 6 weeks.

Today is the very first day in my entire adult life that my BMI is "normal" 24.9

I am delighted.. and think my relationship with activity (love it) and food (love it but know what a portion looks like) is "normal." too..

So hooray for me.. today's GREAT .. I am ready to make my final 7 lb push and continue on with my life ..

Replies

• MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Really good to read! Have a super nice finish line :-)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Yours is a great success story! Very inspirational!
    Best of luck to you!
  • fitbilldc
    fitbilldc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Yoyoing and getting older...I can identify with that. Way to keep at it!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    thanks guys.. :) walked 20,000 steps today.. and hiked about 4 miles and 815 ft up.. nice day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!