Did you ever fall off a treadmill

Options
1235»

Replies

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    no but when i crab walk on the treadmill i often almost do.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Not fallen off BUT my boyfriend dropped his iphone whilst running on the treadmill and it fell through the gap, went under the belt and the treadmill spat it out the other side! Safe to say it was totally ruined, bent and shattered the phone. Everyone in the gym just stared dumbfounded! I felt guilty though, as at the time he dropped his phone he was trying to demonstrate to me that I was using the rowing machine wrong. Oops!

this is why my iphone and anything valuable stays in the locker. its like a minefield in there!
  • janey0328
    janey0328 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    and that's why i dont use the treadmill :) haha
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    All the way off? Thankfully no.

But, one time I kinda zoned out and managed to move myself a few inches too far to the left and stepped on a non-moving part. I did one of those 'catch-yourself-while-trying-to-look-like-it-was-on-purpose' manuvers. I don't think it worked, but I managed not to fall on my face. So I call it a win!
  • Mopar88
    Mopar88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Haha! I made mine count! It took a nice chunk of hair off the top of my head. Mostly buns and ponytails for a few months till that grew back.
  • jan112
    jan112 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yes I have! At the gym, running and tripped and fell, burnt the skin off both knees pretty badly! I jumped back up and kept going because I was so embarrassed! It hasn't stopped me from using it but I'm sure more careful now, and I ALWAYS tether myself to the power cut cord!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    No, thankfully I am a road runner.

I will say I am sitting here in the living room reading these stories, laughing hysterically with tears rolling down my face. My three dogs are looking at me like I've lost my mind (most likely I have). Sorry if anyone was hurt, but some of these are hilarious!
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Guy flew off the other night at the gym. I keep my music REAL loud, and I still heard the huge thud. He was bright red :D Worst thing that happened to me was farting on the elliptical.. again.. my music made it all better
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Not a treadmill but I have fallen off my Nordic Track (skier) a couple times. Sadly when they had stores I used to teach people how NOT to do that, but I have done it twice since I have started using it again for the past few months. And yes, I did have bruises from it (lied and said I was attacked by a bear when asked about it, which made no sense but it was still better then "fell off my skier") If it happens in winter I plan to say I got hurt skiing. Only good thing for me is that mine is at home, and since I exercise before my boyfriend gets home, the only ones who see me is my cats.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    This immediately came to mind...

ad1405d3a2d9ddda6b62a60b89a4abf0-dancing-guy-loses-shoes-on-treadmill.gif

I've not fallen off the treadmill yet. I say yet, because it's bound to happen at some point in my life.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yep! A couple months ago actually. I was running and my kids kept needing me for things and by the 4th time I'd had it with turning the machine off and then back on (my pause is only 60 sec then I lose all data). So I kept it running and forgot I did that when I jumped back on and the belt was still going lol! To make it worse, there were a stack of moving boxes directly behind it so I couldn't slide off and it kept rubbing on my thigh, knee, waist, and ankle until I side rolled off it.The bruises and scabs were gross.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen that or have it happen to me but I did see someone pop a stability ball while doing sit ups
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I usually break them. About 9 to date have fallen due to my running.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Once, my daughter threw a stuffed animal under my feet and messed me up.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I can't use the treadmill, because when I get off I am super dizzy. I have had a couple scares on the stair climber though when my foot got stuck in my pants. Scary stuff lol
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    yes, I have.

I cant run straight for the life of me and caught one nike over the other, needless to say I broke a shoe, the belt put a hole in my lulu's and my pale skin was a dark purple, not to mention my pride.

another time I managed to catch myself in lunge position, after I was done the guy next to me asked if its hard to do lunges on the treadmill. :laugh: sometimes ninja skills are nice :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Never fallen...but it's not unusual for me to stumble a bit when I am adjusting the speed.