calories in chicken wings with bone

Options
Hello everyone!

I wanna eat some wings this weekend, gonna buy them raw with skin and bone. When I weight them, I'm gonna have the weight of the bone included, of course.
How many calories are in them with the bone in? They have so little meat in them that if I buy, for instance, 1kg of them it's not gonna be 1kg of pure meat.

I'm not finding the "wing, raw, bone in, skin on" option on the food database, can anyone help me?

Replies

• meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i'd suggest taking one wing (use one drummette and one "wing"), debone them, and then weigh them to see how much actual chicken you're left with. use that as your base serving... call it "one wing", and then when you log you can count up how many pieces you've had.

just make sure that you account for the skin as well, and whatever sauce or marinade you use.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    In the database there is an entry for chicken wings raw Foster Farms. I'd just log it per wing. The entry doesn't include bone calories and the differences in weight of meat on wings isn't going to matter. If you're going to deep fry them and eat them in buffalo sauce, I'd just log a restaurant entry for buffalo wings.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    thank you for your replies, I'm not deep frying them, just baking, not gonna add oil or any special sauce. That's why I am looking for the calories with wings weighted with the bone in, because if I just add a restaurant entry I'll be really be logging way more calories than I consumed