Feeling sort, should I still work out?

Options
mhlew
mhlew Posts: 377 Member
I am feeling pretty sore from my workouts this week. I have increased the amount of weight I have been lifting also I have been doing leg workouts (which I rarely used to do) so I have some sore legs.

Should I push through the soreness and maybe do a lite work out (stationary bike, walking, sauna?) or just do a rest day? I am determined to lose weight and can push thru the pain if it's not going to hinder any future progress.

In high school football during "hell week" we had 2 a day practices for 2 weeks and and I have never been so sore in my life and I pushed thru it then, should I do the same? What do you do when you are sore?

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If it is just soreness then definitely push through there wont be any harm at all in working out sore. It will actually go away when you warm up. I would only recommend taking one, at most 2 rest days a week.
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am feeling pretty sore from my workouts this week. I have increased the amount of weight I have been lifting also I have been doing leg workouts (which I rarely used to do) so I have some sore legs.

Should I push through the soreness and maybe do a lite work out (stationary bike, walking, sauna?) or just do a rest day? I am determined to lose weight and can push thru the pain if it's not going to hinder any future progress.

In high school football during "hell week" we had 2 a day practices for 2 weeks and and I have never been so sore in my life and I pushed thru it then, should I do the same? What do you do when you are sore?

If you did that muscle group yesterday, do a different muscle group today. Otherwise do thta group because that is how you are going to increase. That soreness will go away, or rather should, once you get it moving. Be sure you are warming up before workiing out and stretch the focus muscles for that day and stretch after. That should help with the lactic acid build up(which is part of the reason for muscle soreness). The only way to advance is to keep your body guessing and adding stress. As soon as you let off your body will adapt and you wont see as much gain.

Also, what are your splits? 3x a week 5x a week? When is your rest day typically?