I didn't exercise today

Options
2»

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    OP...maybe this...not eating enough...is why you binge on "SWEETS".

I have noticed...you keep starting new threads when people do not agree with you. Maybe...just maybe...you should educate yourself on "healthy" ways to lose weight. I don't know...I tried to take up for you yesterday...I just don't know....
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Meal timing will not directly impact weight loss; it's personal preference.

While the first four are all valid reasons, the final one is the one most people use to justify not eating after a certain time. That or it will all turn to fat. Truth is, meal timing is irrelevant.

It's valid enough for the people who believe it.

If that's what works for them, yay them! Whatever works. :)

Everyone does their own thing.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

While the first four are all valid reasons, the final one is the one most people use to justify not eating after a certain time. That or it will all turn to fat. Truth is, meal timing is irrelevant.

No, that's not how science works. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss. Believing that eating after x time makes you gain weight doesn't make it true or valid.

Now, meal timing can affect satiety. If you find a way to structure your eating that helps you stick to your goals, then awesome, stick with it. But you're losing because of the number of calories you eat, not because you cut off your eating before a certain time, no matter what you believe. (I'm using a general "you", not specifically addressing the previous poster)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nobody is gaining weight eating 900 calories...you realize that the average female without any deliberate exercise generally maintains weight at around 1800 - 2000 calories per day right? You do also realize that your calorie goal MFP gives you is a deficit from your maintenance number WITHOUT exercise right? Like you don't have to try to create a deficit with exercise. It's good for you and all, but not necessary for weight loss.

Eat to your goal...it's a goal...a goal is something to be achieved....you don't need to eat under that. Maybe take a read of the stickies too and actually learn how this tool works, those stickies are a wealth of information and basically the instructions.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Hiya.
    I usually don't like exercising but I started exercising yesterday around 8pm.

That's excellent news. Regular, moderate exercise has numerous health benefits but often actually starting is the biggest hurdle many people face. Keep at it.
    But oh my! I couldn't fall asleep. No because of any pain but I just couldn't.

That's quite natural. Usually due to a mixture of adrenaline and increased core body temperature. Your body literally needs to cool down. I would suggest taking a cool shower, drinking something coldish you like and giving yourself time to relax before trying to sleep.
    Not that exercising makes me feel good.. It doesn't.

Then find one that does. Could be anything really: weights, running, swimming, cycling, inline skating, dancing, aerobics, cross country skiing...
    But today I haven't exercised. Is that ok?

Yes, in fact appropriate recovery is essential for fitness gains to be made.
    I had 900 something calories today. Does that mean I will gain weight?

Not unless you're an elf.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options

No, that's not how science works. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss. Believing that eating after x time makes you gain weight doesn't make it true or valid.

I love this
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It seems you've posted a lot of topics here lately on how you don't eat (routinely skipping dinner and whatnot) and how you're frustrated with your lack of progress. I'm not sure if you're just doing this to get people going or if you're genuinely not educated about how to lose weight in a healthy way, but I'll assume the latter and re-post what I said to you in the last thread you started about this.

You said:
    Well, I started last month. However, my body is starting to slow down in losing weight .. No clue why. I cut back on a lot of things. No soda, no rice, no dressing on my salad. When I crave sugar I eat watermelon. Here's my common meals: beans with no oil for breakfast or eggs. For lunch I have a grilled chicken salad or a grilled chicken sandwich with wheat bread.(no cheese at all). Or cheese every once in a whole. And for dinner I either don't eat dinner or I have a fruit or a vegetable soup with no oils or anything fattening .. I hate exercise, but I usually have to walk around campus in college and that's about it.

No offense, but this sounds like a miserable relationship to have with food. I'm also looking to lose 30lbs (have already lost 11 of that 30) and I eat way more than that on a daily basis. (Some days I even fit in ice cream or fast food, but shhhh!)

If you're looking for something that's more sustainable and that you can do for the long-term, I might suggest checking out this thread. Lots of awesome advice that got me onto the right path :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?page=1
  • Kalikel
    Options

Now, meal timing can affect satiety. If you find a way to structure your eating that helps you stick to your goals, then awesome, stick with it. But you're losing because of the number of calories you eat, not because you cut off your eating before a certain time, no matter what you believe. (I'm using a general "you", not specifically addressing the previous poster)
    You've blinded me with science!

Noooooo. I make my Dolby jokes. It's still valid enough for them. True, not true - doesn't matter. It's their reason.

When someone else eats has no effect on me. If it works for them, I'm happy for them.
  • Kalikel
    Options

I love this
    "That's not how science works" is a frequently-repeated statement around here. :)

"Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, Science!"
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but that last statement, I ate 900 calories today, does that mean I will gain weight? I honestly hope this is a troll.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    #msf74

I don't want to quote that whole thing, but well done, sir. Well done. :) Made me laugh.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Where'd the rest of your calories go!?!? I hope you forgot to put a 1 on that 900.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    So many of these I eat 600, 700, 900 calorie threads lately. It's pathetic.

Do you honestly think that most of them are eating that little...I just have my doubts.

There are all kinds of ways to convince yourself that you are eating less than what you actually are. One bite here...one chip there...

I wonder...how many of the VERY VLCDers...really need to lose weight...or do they just need the attention.

I have a nephew that as a small child was average weight. He once ate a whole pie (when no one was looking). A big deal was made over it...people laughed...the story was repeated often. He learned that he got attention. As an adult...he is well over 300lbs.

I think sometimes that there are those here that are seeking attention by doing the reverse...claiming to eat hardly nothing. Never once since starting to lose have I ever felt the need to start a thread announcing how much or how little that I ate one day. I can't help but wonder...they know that people will advise against it...