Good tasting high fiber cereal?

Options
Please give me your suggestions on good tasting high fiber cereal. I love my cereal but looking for more fiber, yet good tasting? I would appreciate your thoughts!

Replies

• eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One Original nearly everyday, but I can't really eat it as cereal with milk. I mix it with yogurt and peanut butter. I think I get maybe 17 grams of fiber for 1.5 servings so not bad.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Anything with Kashi brand. I love the GoLean Crunch. So tasty I can eat it as a snack with no milk.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i've been trying to work more fiber into my diet. i love raisin bran (and always have), but since i started counting calories, i'd rather skip the cereal and get my fiber from other sources... namely chia seeds. but for cereals..

raisin bran
    shredded wheat
    grape nuts (which i also love, but its not everyones cup of tea)
    my stepdad loves the kashi goLean.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One Original nearly everyday, but I can't really eat it as cereal with milk. I mix it with yogurt and peanut butter. I think I get maybe 17 grams of fiber for 1.5 servings so not bad.

I occasionally do it as cereal, but I would agree that it is awesome as a yogurt topper/add in
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I tried Kashi Go Lean Vanilla the other day, and it has 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams protein per serving. Excellent macros for a cereal, but it does not taste like vanilla. It is a terrible, terrible lie. It tastes like someone vomited licorice all over perfectly good rice puffs and then threw in some tree branches for giggles.

I'm sorry that I'm no help. I've been searching and searching and have yet to have any luck finding an edible cereal with a high fiber content. I've instead opted for Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortillas and just eat them with my egg white omelet. 9 grams of fiber and 90 calories, and much more enjoyable.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I tried Kashi Go Lean Vanilla the other day, and it has 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams protein per serving. Excellent macros for a cereal, but it does not taste like vanilla. It is a terrible, terrible lie. It tastes like someone vomited licorice all over perfectly good rice puffs and then threw in some tree branches for giggles.

I'm sorry that I'm no help. I've been searching and searching and have yet to have any luck finding an edible cereal with a high fiber content. I've instead opted for Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortillas and just eat them with my egg white omelet. 9 grams of fiber and 90 calories, and much more enjoyable.

^ This. Take your fiber and choke it down like the rest of us and then eat something you actually like. Not sure why nature/god/evolution/the goddess/the giant turtle in the sky decided that something that was that damn essential had to taste like chewing sand on a hot summer's day in Dubai but it did.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I occasionally do it as cereal, but I would agree that it is awesome as a yogurt topper/add in

I mix it into my Greek yogurt. They also have chocolate Fiber One, which is better, because chocolate, and only 20 more calories. :bigsmile: Uncle Sam is probably an acquired taste, but I like that one. That's 11g of fiber. Not all Kashi cereals are high fiber, so make sure you check the labels. I think Go Lean is the highest.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a love or hate thing, but Grape Nuts.

Also- what about oatmeal? I know it's not cold cereal, but it's pretty satisfying. Easy too if you make overnight oats!
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oats with some yoghurt does the trick for me! Oats is very good for the gut as it takes so long to digest. It stimulates healthy bacteria in the gut, and you feel full for longer as well. Also like All Bran, but All Bran has sugar (is quite sweet).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

:laugh: This is a great idea, too. Or even lite bread instead of regular, because they generally have higher fiber.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I really like those tortillas smeared with Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese. Throw that in a skillet, sear it up on both sides. Boom.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fiber One has a lot of flavoured cereals as well. Higher in calories and sugar, but they are good on their own. Or, they have granola bars and things as well (never tried them myself).
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One Honey Squares cereal...it's 80 calories and 10 grams of fiber in 3/4 of a cup. I don't eat it with milk, but I assume if it tastes good by itself that it would also be good with milk.

ETA that I am referring to the Honey SQUARES as opposed to the Honey Clusters suggested above me. I'm sure that is also a tasty cereal, but it is considerably more calories per serving than the one I suggested.
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    let 1/2 cup instant oats (plain) sit overnight in 1 cup of unsweetened soya or almond milk.

chop up about 5 dates, add to the milk and overnight the oats will soak and expand and the dates will expand and let all their sweet juiciness out into the milk :)
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    let 1/2 cup instant oats (plain) sit overnight in 1 cup of unsweetened soya or almond milk.

chop up about 5 dates, add to the milk and overnight the oats will soak and expand and the dates will expand and let all their sweet juiciness out into the milk :)

That's so many calories though! Arent' dates like 70 each? I love overnight oats too, but I use fresh or fozen fruit or a handful of raisins.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...I prefer steel cut, but usually opt for Coach's Oats as they have a very similar texture and don't take a gazillion years to cook. I don't like rolled oats at all. Usually have mine with some blueberries and a couple scrambled eggs.
  • IvanPerry
    Options
    Oatmeal... with your favorite add ins
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Post raisin bran!!! Shredded wheat.
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    the smaller deglet noir dates have just 23 calories each and the larger medjool dates have like 70 - but i was referring to the reglet noir ones :)
    as far as making you fat- try a youtube search of freelee the banana girl datorade recipe and see how fat she is from all the dates she eats ;P