Proper Measurements

mreneecohen
mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Can anyone tell me how to properly take my measurements (where at on your waist and hips)?

Replies

• BUST: This is taken around the fullest part of your bust. Don't pull the tape measure too tight - just so it fits snugly.

WAIST : Your waist measurement reflects the narrowest part of your waist. For most women, this is about an inch above your belly button.

HIPS: Your hip measurement, most usually, reflects the fullest part of your hips, so is roughly the area you sit on when you sit down.
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Thank you!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    BUST: This is taken around the fullest part of your bust. Don't pull the tape measure too tight - just so it fits snugly.

WAIST : Your waist measurement reflects the narrowest part of your waist. For most women, this is about an inch above your belly button.

HIPS: Your hip measurement, most usually, reflects the fullest part of your hips, so is roughly the area you sit on when you sit down.

Thanks, I think I've been measuring my waist wrong.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    My waist is a little higher.....mine is about halfway between the bra line (band) and the belly button.
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Silly little additional question...how do you know you are taking the same measurements each time? That you are pulling it the same "tightness" around you each time?
This discussion has been closed.