how many of you take whey protein/casein?

saldanaagency
saldanaagency Posts: 19
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I am trying to loose weight and gain muscle.Before taking the whey i was actually loosing weight. Now, i feel like i'm back to where i started. i wish it was all muscle, but i feel like some of the weight is going to my stomach. So I know most of us are trying to loose weight, should I continue to take the whey?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I only use one scoop because i hate the taste...i mix water and fresh fruit in with it too...I don't feel bloated or anything but i definitely have to chug it...i tried mixing tofu dessert and soymilk in it but that was to thick and gross...so water and pineapple is my favorite with vanilla whey (1 scoop)
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    I havent yet but i think im going to start increasing my protein via shakes. there is a site called dietdirect.com that many of the girls at work are buying their protein shakes from. The fruit ones arent bad especially when mixed with like crystal light or powerade zero
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    I take whey. Casein is too expensive. I mix it with milk and sometimes add natural peanut butter and/or a banana depending entirely on what macros I need, pb adding fat and bananas adding carbs.

Make sure you enter everything just like the rest of the food you eat. I don't really understand when people say taking whey kept them from losing weight. It's food, just like everything else. Just enter it and stay inside your calories.

Btw, every time you drink milk you get casein protein.

One more thing; you won't lose weight and gain muscle, unless you are brand new to training. It's basically impossible. You can theoretically lose FAT and gain muscle, which is generally known as recomping, but you won't really lose weight while persuing this goal. If you want to lose weight/fat, then use protein and weights to maintain the muscle you have now. Then, when you are as lean as you want to be, start focussing on recomping or adding muscle by bulking with extra calories.
  • Thanks TateFTW! you've answered my question.
This discussion has been closed.