Am I doing enough?

Naomi91
Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all!

Alrighty so life of a college student: STRESS! Been studying like crazy the last 2 weeks for finals and am almost done!

Only thing is... I havent been able to workout like I normally do. If I have the time and feel good enough I can run about a 10k and be very pleased with myself. But Lately I just have not had the time or energy to be at the gym that long due to all the stuff going on.

So I have only been running a 5k about 5-6 days a week. Is this enough to still lose weight? I mean I dont normally eat my exercise calories anyway...

I just feel like I am not working out enough, but wont be able to increase it for a while, because when I come back I will have 18 credit hour worth of classes and wont be able to be at the gym longer then 30 minutes a day.

Additional Info:
126 lbs trying to get to about 117
Looking more at body fat % not how much I actually weigh though

Thanks!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    yes my dear, you're doing enough...stop worrying, stress doesn't help with weight loss.
  • I'm no expert.... but 5k 5-6 times a week seems PLENTY enough.. lol
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    LOL I train for weeks and weeks in order to just run ONE 5k...!! So you are doing just fine...running 3 miles basically every day is MORE than enough...I would just add some strength training in there if you can :)
This discussion has been closed.