i just bought

MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
a polar FT4F HRM and am already nervous about the purchase!!! eeek. How do i know that it comes with a chest strap? i bought it new off amazon.com, do they automatically come with them!? Also, is this a good purchase? i'm nervous because i wasted 50$ on my last one :(

Replies

• I have one and I love mine. It comes with the chest strap. Easy to use. Tons of people use Polar, so shake off that buyer's remorse!!
  • bikerbiz
    bikerbiz Posts: 179 Member
    Yep, comes with the strap, "What's in the box? 1 - Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Watch 1 - Heart rate monitor sensor 1 - Textile sensor body strap 1". Who knows what size, though. The strap that came with my SUUNTO HRM on my rowing machine was pretty tight, and I had a hard time finding a larger size....but I did, and I love it! Now, it's too big... ;-)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    thanks guys!!! im really looking forward to using one without having to stop and press a button every 5 minutes!!! can't wait to try this one out and see where i'm at during my workouts.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    :laugh: exciting!! :laugh: So funny what I find thrilling nowadays!! :tongue:
  • thanks guys!!! im really looking forward to using one without having to stop and press a button every 5 minutes!!! can't wait to try this one out and see where i'm at during my workouts.

Congrats on your purchase just know that a HRM only works during aerobic activity so the calories burned while cooking/light cleaning and even while strength training won't be accurate but they will be pretty accurate during cardio workouts. FT4 sounds like a good purchase and as far as I know all of the Polar watches come with a chest strap, not come across one that doesn't. Enjoy yourself and use it to push yourself harder!
This discussion has been closed.