How can I get my gymnastics body and flexibility back?

Options
When I was younger I had an amazing body because I did rhythmic gymnastics, ballet, tap, jazz, horse riding, a massive variety and i had to give it all up. (If I had carried just the gymnastics on I could have entered the tryouts for the olympics but my brother wanted to do the same for swimming and my mum couldn't balance letting us both have such strict training so I let my brother have the chance because he was older) and since giving up and attending college etc I've let my workouts slip and I want the flexibility and body I used to have because I want to get back into dancing. I know its not going to be easy but I just need the help, advice and motivation to get started... any ideas?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    By getting back into dancing and gymnastics.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Do the same exercises and stretching routines you did when you were a gymnast and dancer.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wanted my high school cheerleader body (and strength and skills) back so I joined tumbling classes (for kids and teenagers) at the local cheer gym. I was older than at least one of the kid's mom but it was awesome! Now i try to practice cheerleading skills (jumps, stretches, tumbling, conditioning) on my own to keep it up.