When did you stop wearing old clothes?

Options
So I started at 185, down to 154.
My final goal is 134.
I have a mental block about getting rid of my 'too big' clothes.
I have only bought a few new pieces of clothing and still continue to wear baggy clothes most days. The odd thing is I get complimented when I wear things that fit better, but still I grab pants and shirts that are at least 1 size (or 2) bigger than I should be wearing.
I look in the mirror at home and convince myself I look okay, but by the time get to work, I feel like a frump.
I really don't have the money to buy a bunch of clothes, and I am determined to make it to goal!
The only things I have that really fit well are a couple pair of jeans (which I cant wear to work) and 2 or 3 tops.

The odd thing is I bought a couple belts (instead of pants?!?!) so I could hold my big ones up!!

How do you transition a wardrobe when you are only halfway there??

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I get new clothes whenever I go down a size. I work a professional job and can't go around wearing clothes that make me look sloppy. When I get new clothes, I air dry them. Then as I lose weight I move into drying them in the dryer where they might shrink a bit. Then when they are too big after that, time for something new. For work I stick with basic black/brown pants and skirts that I can wear a couple of times a week rather than anything with patterns that would make people think "didn't she just wear that two days ago?" My tops are mostly nicer Lands' End solid scoop neck t-shirts that I can wear at work or at home. It can add up but I try to stick with basics that are pretty versatile.