I'm not losing weight and I may be gaining again

Options
I'm 19, and I'm 5"5 (165cm) and jumping between 55-56kg (121lb). This whole year I went from 45kg(99lb) to 56kg (123lb), gaining weight like crazy non stop. In the past 2 months, I have slightly changed my lifestyle, and I have finally managed to stall my weight gain, but now I'm determined to lose weight. ideally, I'd like to be about 50kg (110lb).

How many calories am I recommended to eat? I'm really confused these days, because I have done 1200 in the past when i was much younger and that didn't go well for me as I was dizzy all the time. For about a year, i completely ignored calories and probably ate about 4000 calories a day by being uncontrollable.

These days I eat 2000-2700 which I'm guessing is too much for weight loss? - My exercise level is normal-i walk a lot, and dance a bit.
I'm thinking is 1500 calories good? I find it near impossible nowadays to stick to low calories. I know everything and calories in everything but yet I ignore it.I usually eat an ok breakfast and lunch but by afternoon, i eat non stop through to dinner and more after

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You are 5'5 and 120 pounds??? That would be an ideal weight for you, why would you have calories at 1200?
  • Skinny4ballet
    Options
    You are 5'5 and 120 pounds??? That would be an ideal weight for you, why would you have calories at 1200?

I had it there last year or year before for only 2-3 months before i accepted that it wasn't going to work. But now, I'm trying to figure out the correct amount of calories i should take in? My ideal weight would be 110lb which last time I checked was still in the healthy range for my age
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So when you filled out your stats on MFP and set it to lose 0.5 a week how many calories did it give you
    Start there