Guys

Options
yopeeps025
yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
Have you ever dated someone who wore NO makeup?

Ladies

Have you dated a guy who did something more for there appearance and what was it?

I guess I can start from what I know for a fact. When I was eighteen and went on a date with a Hispanic 16 year old. When I got to her house and met her parents I go to see her literally fresh out the shower and just smiled. She went to her room which I follow to put on some clothes. I did turn to give her a little privacy. She was ready to go in ten minutes which has been unheard of for me with any other girl. Her hair was clumpy wet which I like. Her mom suggested she blow dry her own hair. I politely declined that comment and said lets go. Word of wisdom from her father were make sure you have a full tank of gas.

I do not think I have ever met a girl since then that has been out in public with zero make up.

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Her parents let you go in her room with her when she was nude? :noway:

And no, I've never dated a guy who did anything "extra" regarding appearance.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    So you just met the girls parents and they just let you go into their 16yr old daughters bedroom while she is naked? That's crazy. And I go without makeup all the time. So does my 16yr old daughter.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    What.gif
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    I don't know if its the lack of caffeine but I am very confused by that story
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Sure.

I've also dated women who were so artful with their make up that it just appears they are not wearing any...
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Several. I've also dated women who wear tons of make up. I've dated women who did not own a razor and women who were obsessed with removing every hair below their eyebrows. You know, because people are people.
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My wife rarely wears makeup. When she does, it is only lip gloss and/or eye liner. When she does put on the gloss and liner she looks even more amazing!!
  • let1179
    let1179 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make-up, never was my thing. Maybe on a night out I'll put some on, but very little. Nope no guys doing anything "extra".
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    As to the original question - Making an effort is always appreciated but not always required. I like women who know when and where they have to make the effort. If someone doesn't make an effort because they're lazy, then that's unattractive. If someone chooses to forego makeup because there are more important things to focus on, that's awesome. I dont want to date someone who is obsessed about their looks. I don't want to date someone who doesn't care about their looks. I want to date someone who knows how to balance looks with all the other important things in life.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Oh you!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I've gone out on dates plenty of times with no make-up....

As for the man doing something extra for his appearance, nope. Nothing out of the ordinary.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make-up on weekends unless I have to go to work.

I have dated a few guys that were really into their appearance and would gel their hair, shave every bit of hair on their body, etc. I prefer my men a little more natural. If you want to do your hair, fine, but I feel weird when a guy takes longer than me to get ready.

Also, if I ever find some guy in my teenage daughter's room when she's nude I'm beating the *kitten* out of him. I don't care how old she is. That's just not right.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm Latina, and there is no way my parents, or any of my friends' parents would've allowed a boy into our rooms, much less into our rooms while we were changing! Maybe some of the cholas' parents might've, but that's highly doubtful in my experience. I think that's true of most families, regardless of heritage.

That said i rarely wear makeup, even when I was younger...My usual routine is to wash my face, smear on some sunscreen, throw my wet hair into a tucked under ponytail and run out the door.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any make-up day to day or for work. I only wear it when I am going for a night out with friends or my partner and special occasions. I never got into the routine of slatheirng it on everyday and never really cared. I know I look better with it on but it is so much effort!
    My current boyfriend and previous ones have always complimented me without make-up. However the majority of females I know, family, friends, colleagues would never leave the house without a full face of make-up. So I think it is more common for women to go with it than without.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Some background.

I do not know how close she really was to her parents as in what she tells them. She told me though before we dated the sex was out if there any notion of that. There were valid reasons why she said this. So if she told her parents that then would they really suspect I would try something on first meeting them when they are home.
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    Options
    when I met my Italian ex wife back in 1985, it was the time of large hair, lots of mascara and eye shadow, ALWAYS made up. We had gone out for about a month when I finally told her I could never tell her I loved her until she was comfortable enough to show me herself without all the make up. Took about another week and then she surprised me one night when I went over (and went straight to her room after saying hi to her parents *jokes*). She was beautiful, and I told her so. She never wore much makeup after that and didnt need to, still told her how beautiful she was everyday for the next 23 years.

I personally dont like a girl with a lot of warpaint in everyday life, (but luuuv it when going out)
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    no make up wearer here the majority of the time :)

guys that did something more for their appearance i once dated a guy that was obsessed about keeping his nails perfectly manicured which i though was a but weird but we all have our quirks
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Just when you think it can't get more creepy....
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i don't have a daughter but if i did, and she was 16, i'd have shoved your head up your *kitten* before you got half way to the bedroom
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    As to the original question - Making an effort is always appreciated but not always required. I like women who know when and where they have to make the effort. If someone doesn't make an effort because they're lazy, then that's unattractive. If someone chooses to forgo makeup because there are more important things to focus on, that's awesome. I don't want to date someone who is obsessed about their looks. I don't want to date someone who doesn't care about their looks. I want to date someone who knows how to balance looks with all the other important things in life.

Well said. I am luck that my wife is not high maintenance and will often go no makeup and looks great. It's nice when we go out and I can tell she's put some effort into looking nice, but it's also cool that most of the time she can throw on a t-shirt and jeans and be ready to go in 5 minutes.