BBQ Bacon Meatloaf

Options
2»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    You had me at bacon
    (on another note, why is there no drooling smiley on here?!?!)

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Done.

You rock.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    OMG, that sounds amazing! My kids are total meatloaf lovers, and who really doesn't love bacon? haha.... thanks for the idea :drinker:
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have a similar recipe! It's amazing.

1lb ground beef (I use 90/10)
    1 medium sliced onion
    4-6 slices of bacon
    1 egg
    2 TBSP bbq sauce + 1/4 Cup divided
    1/4C panko bread crumbs
    2oz cheddar cheese cubed

Cook bacon and set aside to cool. Carmelize sliced onions in bacon fat (about 20-30 minutes). Set aside to cool

Mix together all ingredients (including crumbled bacon and onions). Put in loaf pan, pour remaining bbq sauce over top and cook 30 minutes at 425! Serves 6

My fiancé asks for this regularly. He calls it Smashburger Meatloaf because it tastes like his favorite smashburger!
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You had me at bacon
    (on another note, why is there no drooling smiley on here?!?!)

big-drooling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Done.

You rock.

:blushing: :drinker:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    DVDLover - Do you ever post anything that is actually healthy? Ive seen nothing from you but fat and sugar laden foods. You never post the calorie count, which by looking at your recipes are EXPLODING with calories - are you some sort of troll that gets kicks coming on a healthy eating site to jerk with people? How do these recipes help people reach their goals? If you want to share these recipes - why not go and share them somewhere else?

As stated earlier, you do realize this IS a recipe forum. Simple concept:don't like it , move on..:drinker:
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Awesome, will try. Thanks for posting DVDLover.:drinker:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    sounds good, saving for later :smile:
  • trevor615
    trevor615 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a similar recipe! It's amazing.

1lb ground beef (I use 90/10)
    1 medium sliced onion
    4-6 slices of bacon
    1 egg
    2 TBSP bbq sauce + 1/4 Cup divided
    1/4C panko bread crumbs
    2oz cheddar cheese cubed

Cook bacon and set aside to cool. Carmelize sliced onions in bacon fat (about 20-30 minutes). Set aside to cool
    Mix together all ingredients (including crumbled bacon and onions). Put in loaf pan, pour remaining bbq sauce over top and cook 30 minutes at 425! Serves 6. My fiancé asks for this regularly. He calls it Smashburger Meatloaf because it tastes like his favorite smashburger!

This evening I made this version of the recipe. I was skeptical about how it was going to turn out but it was really, really good. Thank you for posting it.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    DVDLover - Do you ever post anything that is actually healthy? Ive seen nothing from you but fat and sugar laden foods. You never post the calorie count, which by looking at your recipes are EXPLODING with calories - are you some sort of troll that gets kicks coming on a healthy eating site to jerk with people? How do these recipes help people reach their goals? If you want to share these recipes - why not go and share them somewhere else?

:laugh: I use alot of his recipes. Many are a slightly different take on the "old standards" (just like this meatloaf recipe--YUMMY), which are the types of foods my family loves.

And, BTW, 363 calories (and a decent macro spread that I can work around) is easy to fit in a dinner for many of us. Heck, I could even have two servings along side of a giant pile of roast veggies and still have room for an after dinner snack. Keep it up, DVDlover--I've got quite the digital recipe box started with these:heart::heart:
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing!