Finished C25K!

Options
Today, I can say I am at a place that I didn't think I'd reach when I started the Couch to 5k program. This morning (a foggy, cool morning in Sabin, MN) I finished a 30 minute run for the first time EVER IN MY LIFE! I'm so stoked & I can't believe this program worked for me. I'm only down about 13 pounds from my starting weight, so a little less than 1/3 of my goal, but I can honestly say that I *believe* that if I keep it up I'll get there.
I just wanted to say to everyone who may be in a plateau- just keep working & don't get put off by the illusion of lack of progress. If you're out there trying, if you're paying attention to what you're eating & moderating, there must be some metric that's changing. I hit a plateau & it felt pretty disappointing, but I just kept with it because I knew I had to do something. Stick with it & pick other goals besides the number on the scale. Getting a HRM watch really helped me focus on something besides a scale number. Setting a program & sticking with it brought me out of my plateau & I can't believe instructions from a watch is what it took to jerk me out of it. But that's what worked!
I'm so excited to reach my goals & then set new ones. What has made the difference for me is changing my attitude & really accepting that I need to change my lifestyle in the long term.
Thank you all for your advice & the wonderful threads I've read here, they've taught me a lot & really helped me when I became discouraged.
Happy Friday fellow fitness pals!!!

Replies

• meg091380
    Options
    Way to go!! I start week 2 tonight, so you are now the motivator, inspiration, and proof for those of us starting out. Keep up the great work!
  • Andrea0078
    Andrea0078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I honestly didn't believe I'd get to the end. I looked at the end of the program & kind of had a good laugh at the idea of me going from day 1 week 5 to day 3 week 5. I took more like 3 months to complete it than 2 & kind of changed up my routine toward the end to get to the 30 minutes straight. Don't be afraid to take a little longer, but you CAN do it! I know it's cliche, but if I can, anyone can!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Awesome!!

I've been stuck on Week 5 for a few weeks now - I just can't get my breathing under control. :( I'm not giving up, though!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me and my son start W5 on Monday........:) congratulations on finishing!!!
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I am excited for you!! Way to go! I just did W8D1 last night. It was tough but I am so close to completing the program. Tomorrow is the last 28 min run and then on Monday I will complete my first full 30 min and complete the C2K5 program!

Also, thanks for the message on not get down on yourself if you hit a plateau. I didn't lose any weight last week but my body feels stronger and I know that other things are improving (even if the scale didn't say so).
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking with it. What a feeling it is to run that full 30 minutes!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's something to be super proud of! I am in week 5 day 2 for the second week since I was out of commission last week. Just for the week 5 section, I have been doing each day as a week of its own. I definitely feel stronger and it is easier to finish those two 8- minute sets this week (day 2's run). Congrats!
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! For whatever reason, I'm feeling kinda blah today about execising, counting calories and all that. I know it's easy to fall back into old habits. Your good news and attitude is inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!