looking for vegetable lasagne recipes

Options
mauck1975
mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
any one have any vegetable or spinich lasagne recipes to share??

Thanks

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have a veggie lasagna recipe but its mostly off memory.

9 whole grain pasta noodles (I use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest) - uncoooked
    26 oz jar of Spaghetti Sauce
    1.5 c water
    2 cups Skim Mozzarella cheese
    1 15 oz container lowfat ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1 eggplant chopped
    1 zucchini chopped
    1 large onion chopped
    1 cup chopped mushrooms - optional
    2 eggs (or substitute if vegetarian)
    1 tbsp. olive oiil

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add veggies and cook until lightly browned, add spaghetti sauce and water, let simmer 10 min.

In a large bowl mix together half the mozzarella cheese, all of the parm cheese, 2 eggs, and ricotta cheese.

Pour 1 cup sauce in bottom of 9x13" pan. Lay 3 noodles across, add another lay of sauce (1 cup or so) add half the cheese mixture then repeat layers one time. Add the last 3 noodles after second layer and top with remaining sauce then top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 min. Remove foil and cook additional 15 min.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a veggie lasagna recipe but its mostly off memory.

9 whole grain pasta noodles (I use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest) - uncoooked
    26 oz jar of Spaghetti Sauce
    1.5 c water
    2 cups Skim Mozzarella cheese
    1 15 oz container lowfat ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
    1 eggplant chopped
    1 zucchini chopped
    1 large onion chopped
    1 cup chopped mushrooms - optional
    2 eggs (or substitute if vegetarian)
    1 tbsp. olive oiil

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add veggies and cook until lightly browned, add spaghetti sauce and water, let simmer 10 min.

In a large bowl mix together half the mozzarella cheese, all of the parm cheese, 2 eggs, and ricotta cheese.

Pour 1 cup sauce in bottom of 9x13" pan. Lay 3 noodles across, add another lay of sauce (1 cup or so) add half the cheese mixture then repeat layers one time. Add the last 3 noodles after second layer and top with remaining sauce then top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 min. Remove foil and cook additional 15 min.

This sounds a lot like mine! The only thing missing is the layer of fresh spinach and roasted garlic. Think I will make this for dinner tonight! Thanks for the reminder of how much I love this recipe!
  • americansugar80
    Options
    here's a recipe that i've saved but i havent tried. Hubby thinks he wont like spinach...SHHHH...we wont tell him until he tastes it. there's actually a lot cooking with spinach these days on the food channel too so i kind of want to give it a shot. it looks good.

http://www.recipe.com/spinach-lasagna-rolls/
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    here's a recipe that i've saved but i havent tried. Hubby thinks he wont like spinach...SHHHH...we wont tell him until he tastes it. there's actually a lot cooking with spinach these days on the food channel too so i kind of want to give it a shot. it looks good.

http://www.recipe.com/spinach-lasagna-rolls/

Those sound really yummy!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My fave is a layered zucchini dish that tastes like lasagne without using any noodles. I make it about every other week :o) I use turkey sausage instead of the beef and just regular spaghetti sauce.

Layered Zucchini
    Yield: 10 servings
    Ingredients
    • 4 cups water
    • 6 cups sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
    • 1 pound ground round
    • 2 garlic cloves, minced
    • 2 cups low-fat spaghetti sauce (such as Muir Glen Organic)
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
    • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
    • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    • Cooking spray
    • 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
    • 1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.
    Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
    Place the beef and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt, basil, and oregano; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
    Combine the cottage cheese, parsley, and eggs in a medium bowl.
    Arrange zucchini slices in a shallow 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the zucchini with half of the breadcrumbs. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture over breadcrumbs; cover with half of the meat mixture and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers with the remaining breadcrumbs, cottage cheese mixture, and meat mixture; reserve the remaining mozzarella. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
    Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    210 (30% from fat)
    Fat: 7.1g (sat 3g,mono 2.8g,poly 0.5g)
    Protein: 20.9g
    Carbohydrate: 14.8g
    Fiber: 2.3g
    Cholesterol: 69mg
    Iron: 2.5mg
    Sodium: 554mg
    Calcium: 153mg
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Great idea Steph! I'm going to try it, thx for the recipe!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sure thing! I think I will pick up the ingredients this weekend myself :o)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Those recipes sound good. I'm going to try it this weekend, & my grocery store has all veggie lasagna noodles too. Now I have a veggie recipe to make with them :happy:
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the yummy recipes:) I will have to try each one....lol
  • sewele
    sewele Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump