Your worst/most embarassing gym experience?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
The treadmill thread gave me this idea :laugh: :laugh:

For me, I was recovering from a bad cold, and decided to go to a Bodypump class. I went dizzy in the middle of it and thought I was going to pass out, the instructor asked me if I was ok, I said I needed to stop, and he stopped the class, made me sit down, called all the personal trainers (thankfully none I knew) and the nurse, and ended up calling off the class. I was mortified.

Needless to say, I never set foot in that particular class again.

Replies

• jennylilac
    jennylilac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't been going for long, but in my fifth water fitness class I fell off my noodle in the deep end and was pretty embarassed. I can swim, but the flailing around made it appear I couldn't.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    oh, easy one!
    At the gym, relatively new to the concept of treadmills. Dropped my cell phone so jumped off to get it - with the belt still going.
    Somehow, imagined I could simply jump back on in a run.
    No. Doesn't really work like that. Only in my head. In real life, I fell right off and hit the ground HARD.
    That was a few years back. Hopefully no one there remembers me from that!! lol
  • Mahsaa18
    Mahsaa18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i was going to take a mirror selfie and the flash was on lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It wasn't embarrassing, but the first had to be the worst. Planned to do 30-45 minutes, split between elliptical and treadmill...ha!

7 minutes elliptical. Muscles were starting to give. Shaky walk over to the wipees, cleaned it.
    5 minutes on treadmill. Time to die.

20 minute drive to do a whopping 12 minutes of exercise.

Later, I learned that I don't like gyms. But that day I just learned I had a long way to go. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The treadmill thread gave me this idea :laugh: :laugh:

For me, I was recovering from a bad cold, and decided to go to a Bodypump class. I went dizzy in the middle of it and thought I was going to pass out, the instructor asked me if I was ok, I said I needed to stop, and he stopped the class, made me sit down, called all the personal trainers (thankfully none I knew) and the nurse, and ended up calling off the class. I was mortified.

Needless to say, I never set foot in that particular class again.

This makes me sad. Because you said you don't like any exercise and you do BodyPump :frown: :happy:

Anyshway. I don't embarrass easily, but falling flat on my rump in BodyAttack should have been embarrassing I suppose! The move was to do a star jump - jump up with your arms and legs stretched out like an X, run forward, then run backwards to start. I was really getting into it and totally fell as I was running back. Tried to catch myself and everything but no luck, I fell so hard that I continued sliding like two to three feet backwards. I got right back into the next jump :smile: Lots of LOLz were had after class. Another time I totally crashed into the BodyCombat instructor when we were doing the circle run after the last track. I was cussing out my heart rate monitor for konking out on me yet again and dinking around with the watch, not looking where I was going. Poor gal!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Letting off a particularly unpleasantly scented fart during a boxing fitness class and trying to not start giggling, lest I gave myself away.
  • Mahsaa18
    Options
    oh, easy one!
    At the gym, relatively new to the concept of treadmills. Dropped my cell phone so jumped off to get it - with the belt still going.
    No. Doesn't really work like that. Only in my head. In real life, I fell right off and hit the ground HARD.

OUCH must have hurt !
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was trying to wipe the sweat off when I almost fell off the elliptical.

I don't think anyone noticed...hopefully.
  • Mahsaa18
    Options

People can be So rude!
  • Mahsaa18
    Options

People can be So rude!
    Sorry reply to wrong post !!!
  • jennrambles
    Options

People can be So rude!

I know that was a reply to the original post, but I didn't want to keep that on here, so I switched it to a less horrifying example of embarrassing.

But really, people are rude. Thank goodness my current gym is judgment free and the people, even the fit ones, don't even look at you twice, they just work out in their zone without giving you side-eye or making snotty comments.
  • jennrambles
    Options

People can be So rude!
    Sorry reply to wrong post !!!

No, I edited the post and removed the horrifying content. I don't think that's exactly embarrassing as much as totally soul crushing.
  • Mahsaa18
    Options

People can be So rude!

I know that was a reply to the original post, but I didn't want to keep that on here, so I switched it to a less horrifying example of embarrassing.

But really, people are rude. Thank goodness my current gym is judgment free and the people, even the fit ones, don't even look at you twice, they just work out in their zone without giving you side-eye or making snotty comments.

Good you got yourself out of that gym ! glad to hear your happy with your current gym !
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    oh, easy one!

Totally off subject... but I love your Tardis ticker!! :)
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jennrambles
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I just remembered this one.

I was in middle school and we were doing sit ups in gym class, the fat kid's most dreaded class, right? Anyway, this was in a gymnasium, so does it count? Anyway, I was struggling, and my shoe skidded on the floor and made this awful, awful "poot" noise. Everyone turned and looked and I was like "OH GOD NO IT WAS MY SHOE" but no one believed me.

I was traumatized, but for some reason I got the giggles over how ridiculous it was, so I was simultaneously laughing and crying.

I never tried to do a sit up again.

Until the other day, my trainer had me try, and I actually did one! VINDICATION! And my shoe didn't skid on the floor. So.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I was doing a full power clean and press @ 155lb's. I did the the deadlift pushed with my hips for the clean. Hit the clean go down for the squat and my right ankle decided to roll. I pushed the bar a good 2 feet forward and went a good 2 feet backwards. It looked like a I did a NBA style Lebron James flop the guy next to me said.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bumping thread so I don't have to start a new one.

So today some moron (that would be me) forgot to put the collar on one side of the bar. In the middle of a squat I felt a bit of a stumble and took a step to catch my balance and felt helpless as the bumpers went crashing down on one side and watched the bar whip over my head as the other side crashed down. Needless to say, yes there were plenty of people staring!

I did pick them up and reload, this time triple checking the collars and finished the workout.

In my defense I am breaking in my new belt and am having a bit of trouble adjusting to it when I am at the bottom and probably jerked a bit and bounced the weight off the bar.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I once had the bright idea to go the gym whilst still quite hung over...
    I reasoned with myself that id seen on Mythbusters exercising could help reduce the effect of a hang over so I thought "Oh this will be good for me"... ... ..it wasn't

I did ok on the treadmill but I was starting to get a little dizzy, so I switched to the rower machine thing (you know the one I mean right?) and I was pushing myself pretty hard on that trying to beat my performance from last time, but the constant sort of rocking forward rocking back motion turned out to be a very bad idea...I was about 5 mins into it and then I suddenly just thought "OMG im going to hurl!!" and I was so desperate trying to get out of the machine because my feet were strapped into the machine I was desperately scrambling to get out before I was sick..i left in such a hurry I just yanked one of my feet straight out of my shoe and took off to the bathroom with one shoe on and one shoe left behind still strapped in the machine!!:laugh:

I then stumbled into the bathroom and threw up in the sink :sick:

The particular gym I went to at the time had just recently been renovated from a child's indoor playroom to a gym and the womens bathrooms where still decorated with this hideous candy floss coloured pink with bright magenta stripes and like unicorns and butterflys and the...it was the most jarring colour and sitting there slumped on the floor the unicorns and fairies and butterfly's were really creeping me out!

I was so freaking embarrassed once I cleaned myself up I quickly ran back retrieved my other shoe and didn't go back there for a good 2-3 weeks :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I literally did a Briget Jones... Got off the bike and collapsed. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't work in the same gym...