89lbs Down - Work in Progress!

Options
AShannon54
AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
On April 3rd, 2014, I weighed in at 316lbs at my doctor’s office. I had giving birth to my 2nd son 6 weeks before. I decided right then and there on that scale that enough was enough. It was time to get back to where I had been 10 years ago. I have lost about 90lbs since the day (I had lost 17lbs before I found MFP). I have 28lbs to go to hit my first goal weight of 199. After that, I hope to eventually get down to about 180.

I am right at 6ft tall, so my starting BMI was 42.9 and I was morbidly obese. Now I am barely in the obese category by 0.9 - I only have to lose 7lbs more to be in the ‘overweight’ category. Once I get to 180lbs, I will be in the ‘normal weight’ for my height.

MFP has been a life changer for me. I have lost all the weight by tracking what I eat and moving every day. I started off on the old elliptical we had at the house. I used it so much it broke so I started walking all the time. Then I added Wii Cardio boxing and then I started the C25K running program. My last C2K5 work out will be on Monday and I run my first ‘real’ 5K race on Sept 15th.

I also work full time and have a 22 month old and a 6 month old. Life has been very busy for me these last 6 months but I feel better than I have in many years. I am healthiest I have been since high school (12 years ago). It’s hard to wipe the smile off my face now-a-days.

Progress_zps2709168f.png

Replies

• eatmorechicken2014
    Options
    Wow! You have really done a great job ???? I weighed 303 pounds back in March and I have lost 55 so far so I know how much work it takes.
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That is a LOT of weight in just 5 months! Sounds like you're doing the right things. Be patient with yourself if you start hitting plateaus. Congratulations on your hard work!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes! :smokin:
    You look amazing! And all the weight you have lost is incredible!:drinker:
    Congratulations on the work you have done and much continued success to you on your future goals.

-From a fellow 6ft lady. :smile:
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the amazing results that have come from working on your health. So happy for you!
  • KathrynEMcGrady
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing progress!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Go you! :drinker:
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's been a lot of hard work and will power.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Hope we both make it to the healthy range soon.
  • Bellavita2888
    Bellavita2888 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job. beautiful kids
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are kicking butt...keep it up! You look great!!!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Tammy6301
    Tammy6301 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations....Great job!!
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And keep up the great work! Very impressive, especially because you have two little ones!
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome and you look amazing! Keep up the great work. You probably need all that added energy with the kids!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep it up
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Very inspiring. Congratulations! Great effort!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!!
  • helpimfalling
    Options
    You look amazing and so so happy! Thanks for posting your success story and being an inspiration!
  • jamcgaugie
    Options
    Amazing in that amount of time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!