Best Water

Options
I recently moved and the tap water is horrible - I taste nothing but chlorine it seems! Any suggestions on the best type of water service or filters I should get? The bad water makes it easy to reach for sodas instead of water!

Replies

• Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Add a slice of lemon or cucumber to the water...?

if you persist with the water you may get used to it.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I use a brita filter pitcher. I have also tried zero water filtered water (from the portable bottle), that's pretty good too.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've used Brita on tap / faucet filters for years and they always seemed to perform fairly well.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    If I do Britta, then I run it through the filter 3x to get it to taste the way I like.

Although typically I buy bottled. (Sorry everyone). I like the taste of dasani, smart water and fuji personally. Arrowhead tastes dirty to me.

I think this is one of those things that you have to do a taste test to figure out though.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    If I do Britta, then I run it through the filter 3x to get it to taste the way I like.

Although typically I buy bottled. (Sorry everyone). I like the taste of dasani, smart water and fuji personally. Arrowhead tastes dirty to me.

I think this is one of those things that you have to do a taste test to figure out though.

I really like SmartWater too.. but it can be more on the pricey side. I drink Iced Mountain or Nestle bottled water otherwise.
  • helpimfalling
    Options
    I've used Brita on tap / faucet filters for years and they always seemed to perform fairly well.

I agree! The Britta filters on the faucet work well and then it's not like there's an extra step to getting filtered water, like there is if you use the pitchers (since you have to refill them all the time). And I also have a britta water bottle that you fill and it filters as you drink. It works pretty well, but watch out that you replace the filter early, especially if you're drinking lots of water they go out quick!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yes! Get a Brita pitcher or tap filter. Please, think about the plastic waste and the message sent when we spend money on things like Nestle bottled water. #TakeBackTheTap http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/water/take-back-the-tap/
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    i like zephryhills & perrier for carbonated, i hate the taste of Dasani and Aquafina to me they taste chlorine(y)