Is this realistic?

Options
Hey guys!

So I am getting married Feb 21 2015, and I currently want to lose 68 lbs for it. Is this realisitc? I dont plan on doing this unhealthy of course. I know the realistic weight loss is 2 lbs per week, but is it possible to do 3-4 lbs a week?

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    You can lose 3-5 + in the first few weeks due to water.

You can't burn off 3-4 pounds of fat in a week and do it healthy.

I don't think 68 pounds by February is realistic. Why not shot for 34 pounds instead?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Not without losing a considerable amount of muscle and risk your health, no. I'd aim for half of that and take it slow. Pick up heavy lifting and focus on lowering your BF%. Losing a lot of muscle means ending up "skinny fat".
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Possible yes, healthy no. With only 68lbs to lose it would take a very unhealthy diet to lose 3-4 per week, you would lose alot of muscle as well as fat so you wont look much better at that rate. Its best to keep it at the 1-2lbs range but as you get smaller its going to be harder to keep that rate of lose because your overall TDEE will decrease.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count on it.

It's physically possible, I guess, but would be very difficult. You'd have to work out like a crazy person every single day and even then, you might not make it.

Congrats on the engagement! :)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Hi, we have similar start weights and goals, although you may be taller than I am. I've worked my butt off for 9 months and lost 60 lbs. In 6 months, I lost about 40 lbs. I would go for a goal of 6 lbs a month, which is realistic. You don't want one more thing to stress yourself out with wedding planning wise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not and sustain it long term. Good luck and congratulations!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    If that's what you currently look like, you don't have 68 lbs to lose.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Do not get married
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    it depends on your starting weight the less you weigh the harder it would be, 2-3 at the most for healthy weight loss,
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

So I am getting married Feb 21 2015, and I currently want to lose 68 lbs for it. Is this realisitc? I dont plan on doing this unhealthy of course. I know the realistic weight loss is 2 lbs per week, but is it possible to do 3-4 lbs a week?
    No it's not realistic

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594