Going on Vacation

Options
I'm going on vacation for Italy for 10 days at the end of September. Any helpful tips for eating on vacation. I would hate to lose the progress that I have made so far.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Walk more. Eat intuitively, but don't think of it as a non-stop splurge. Eat like you normally would, with a few extra desserts or beers. Walk more.

Have fun!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I went on a 5 day cruise a few months ago and managed to only gain 3 lbs... they came right back off within a week or so... and let me tell you.... there was a LOT of eating... and a LOT of drinking involved. I also ran 1-2mi everyday and walked a LOT. I tried to keep my meal portions reasonable and make good choices for the most part... only had dessert a few times. Don't pig out... but don't stress out. You know what to do. Have fun!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Walk more. Eat intuitively, but don't think of it as a non-stop splurge. Eat like you normally would, with a few extra desserts or beers. Walk more.

Have fun!

This. Don't go all out. My splurge was one dessert a day, otherwise I mainly tried to stick to healthier options on the menu (although it was always a wild guess as we didn't eat at chains except once). I ended up eating at 20% over maintenance in average. We were not that active though (driving 13 hours each way didn't help). I gained 4 pounds, and lost half of that in a couple days.