Office Treat - Cake

Options
Okay guys, I need some support here. Cake is being served at my office in a little while because someone is leaving. I know for a fact that it is not delicious cake, but sometimes when they're passing it around, I just can't help myself.

I need a list of foods more delicious than store bought cake that I theoretically could enjoy instead when I get home! The idea of a good dessert when I get home will get me over the idea of the store bought cake, I know it!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Blech. Grocery store cake. People rave over it but I have never had a grocery store bakery cake that is good.

Anyway, stuff to eat at home: Kashi dark chocolate/almond/sea salt bar, chocolate covered almonds, strawberries, avocado, chocolate milk, Noosa passion fruit yogurt.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Wine :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Blech. Grocery store cake. People rave over it but I have never had a grocery store bakery cake that is good.

Anyway, stuff to eat at home: Kashi dark chocolate/almond/sea salt bar, chocolate covered almonds, strawberries, avocado, chocolate milk, Noosa passion fruit yogurt.

I love this list...although I'd probably swap out that noosa flavor for trawberry rhubarb!

I would also say a nice snack of 1-2 scrambled eggs with some green tomato relish and a tbsp. of hazelnut spread or PB for "dessert"
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The satisfaction in knowing that you are able to say NO THANKS to junk you don't really want.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Pass on the crappy grocery store cake so you can have wine and gelato tonight
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This

Gelato is always the answer. Except occasionally homemade cupcakes are the answer.
  • DaveDeLange
    Options
    The satisfaction in knowing that you are able to say NO THANKS to junk you don't really want.

Exactly!

If you have really made up your mind not to eat sugary crap like cake, there shouldn't be any temptation.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

This

Gelato is always the answer. Except occasionally homemade cupcakes are the answer.

*eats your gelato*
    *eyes your cupcakes*
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I made this mistake once before--wasting calories on non-delicious cake.

Use those calories on something you will actually find delicious.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So you don't like store bought cake...

I think that is incentive enough to say no.

Sorry, but I got nothing.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Exactly!

If you have really made up your mind not to eat sugary crap like cake, there shouldn't be any temptation.

Did she say she was giving up anything?? No just passing on sub standard cake so she can have something much better when she's home.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I succeeded! Just to put the nail in the coffin, I looked up how many calories/how much fat and sugar would be in a piece, and it was unsettling. Speaking of gelato, I might have an affogato when I get home tonight as a treat!

Thanks, everyone, for your support!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I find that when I can focus on something that tastes better, I'm less likely to eat storebought cake/something high in calories and not delicious!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Nonni Sea Salt & Caramel Biscotti. I want another... I would eat that over grocery store cake. Bakery cake, though, I'm eating it.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. I can't believe I'm the first to say this! I'm disappointed, and you know who you are! :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. I can't believe I'm the first to say this! I'm disappointed, and you know who you are! :wink:

I didn't want to stifle her creativity with specifics. :wink:
  • Dentice143
    Dentice143 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I succeeded! Just to put the nail in the coffin, I looked up how many calories/how much fat and sugar would be in a piece, and it was unsettling. Speaking of gelato, I might have an affogato when I get home tonight as a treat!

Thanks, everyone, for your support!

Great job!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I didn't want to stifle her creativity with specifics. :wink:

I get ya. :bigsmile:
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Great work, now you can go home and proudly enjoy your treat!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    wine, homemade banana nut bread, wine, banana cream pudding, wine