I need a new recipe for pork chops

Options
chriss1tt
chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
Hi. I need some help please. I have some boneless pork chops and I have ran out of ideas to cook with. Does anyone have any low cal recipes they would like to share. I would be so grateful. Thanks a billion, Deb.

Replies

• chriss1tt
    Options
    Hi. I need some help please. I have some boneless pork chops and I have ran out of ideas to cook with. Does anyone have any low cal recipes they would like to share. I would be so grateful. Thanks a billion, Deb.
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    I always run out of ideas for everything so I understand the frustration lol. My family, kids included, like them cooked in Mushroom soup. I usually brown them in a skillet while sautee'ing onions with it. add 1 can of 98% ff mushroom soup. and add some spices , pepper, onion salt , garlic powder, and dillweed.

Or I bread it with fiber 1 crumbs (seasoned) and top with a tblsp of Salsa and some ff cheese.

Or slice it up and use it in a stir fry
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    parm pork chops. Same as breaded but less breading and a little parm cheese

Sweet and sour--pinnaple and some juice and some sweet pepper a little soy sause, slice all ingredients and sautee
  • chriss1tt
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I printed them so I do not forget and I will pick one for today. Thanks again. Kinda gettin tired of the same ole song and dance.:ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    ooo I love bbq pork chops!!! we just put sofrito on them and grill those bad boys....and on the side add some grilled or sauted onions and peppers and broccoli...yum!

my dad used to make pork chops parm and it was just browning or searing the chops on both sides then put in a pyrex and cover w/ marinara sauce, add low fat mozzarella and cover w/ tinfoil cook until chops are white inside about 45 mins depending on how thick really and uncover the foil for the last 5-10 mins to golden the cheese....they come out really moist!

hugs!
    Ali
  • chriss1tt
    Options
    Thanks Ali. They sound delish. (yummy looking face here) Onions and peppers and broccoli OH MY.:love:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ali. They sound delish. (yummy looking face here) Onions and peppers and broccoli OH MY.:love:

lmbo!!! good one!!! (laughing face here! lol)
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    how about boiling them for a couple of hours in chicken broth and a can of tomatoes with jalepenos - then shred them up and put on a salad with some avocado on top, maybe a tiny bit of shredded cheese if you can afford the calories.

another idea:
    roast a few tomatillos (cut in 1/2 and place open side down in nonstick skillet until soft) and garlic cloves
    put in blender with a couple of chipotle chili's, a little lime juice and salt
    then heat mixture with shredded pork in nonstick skillet for a couple of minutes - YUM (top with avocado of course):wink:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Add some sweet chilli sauce and grill them it tastes great!

Pamela x:flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    ooo I love bbq pork chops!!! we just put sofrito on them and grill those bad boys....and on the side add some grilled or sauted onions and peppers and broccoli...yum!

my dad used to make pork chops parm and it was just browning or searing the chops on both sides then put in a pyrex and cover w/ marinara sauce, add low fat mozzarella and cover w/ tinfoil cook until chops are white inside about 45 mins depending on how thick really and uncover the foil for the last 5-10 mins to golden the cheese....they come out really moist!

hugs!
    Ali

Pork chops with marinara sounds delicious! Gonna make this one tonight! :bigsmile:

Thanks, Ali! :drinker:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    They're also good in a casserole dish with tomato soup.
  • trinluv
    trinluv Posts: 12
    Options
    Heart-Healthy Pork Chops Parmesan

non stick spray
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg, or 1 large egg, lightly beaten
    2 slices whole-wheat bread
    1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried, crumbled
    1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
    10 medium to large fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried, crumbled
    2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crumbled
    2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crumbled
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    4 boneless center-cut pork chops (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with spray.

Put the flour and egg substitute in two separate shallow bowls.

In a food processor, process the remaining ingredients except the pork chops until the bread is chopped into crumbs and the herbs are coarsely chopped. Put the mixture into a third shallow bowl.

Set the bowls with the flour, egg substitute, and bread-crumb mixture and the baking pan in a row, assembly-line fashion. Coat a pork chop with the flour, shaking off the excess. Coat it with the egg substitute, then with the bread crumb mixture. Place in the baking pan. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until the pork is no longer pink in the center.

Serves 4; 1 pork chop per serving

Nutritional Value Per Serving:

Calories: 251
    Total Fat 9.0g
    Saturated Fat: 3.0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 4.0g
    Cholesterol: 75 mg
    Sodium: 267 mg
    Carbohydrates: 11 g
    Fiber: 1 g
    Sugar: 1 g
    Protein: 21 g
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I made new recipe last night with pork chops in crockpot

4 chops
    4 cups chicken broth
    1/2 c apple cider vinegar
    2 granny smith apples
    4 stalks celery
    onion
    2 sweet potatoes
    3-4 carrots

cut up veggies, place in crockpot, place chops on top, pour broth and vinegar over top

cook 7-9 hours on low......yummy not sure about calories, but its low in fat and full of fiber