need suggestions please

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
ugh..i HATE making dinner menus for 2 weeks at a time..its always the same thing..anyone have any suggestions on their favorite meals ??

Replies

• bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I buy the Green Giant frozen veggie packs with sauce and mix in whole grain pasta. That is great but a little high on the sodium.
  • cvaj09
    cvaj09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I grill some white meat chicken, 3oz, shred it and mix with green onions cilantro cucumber and jalepenos then wrap it up in romaine lettuce.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My meal plans are usually in pairs by meat, as we stock meat in 1lb portions. So for 1lb ground turkey, I'd have a pasta bake one day and tacos the next. Then 1lb of chicken thighs (because they're cheap), I'd roast them all up the first day and we'd eat half, and then de-bone the rest and cut it up for stir fry the next day. I am slow cooking beef ribs in BBQ sauce today, and we're having them with corncobs and potato wedges, and tomorrow the de-boned BBQ beef is going on a pizza :)

But then, I don't do the 'diet' meals thing, I just bake stuff instead of frying it, control portion sizes, and add extra veggies, so I have yet to get bored!
  • h1522gq
    h1522gq Posts: 2
    Options
    I got a great idea from the Well Fed books. Do a weekly cook-up! Have meat and veggies already cooked. Then each day you get to decide what you're craving. Feel like Mexican and chicken? Then you grab some of your precooked chicken/beef/pork and a veggie and heat it up with a bit of fat and Mexican seasoning. This is for paleo, but you could use the idea for anything!

The author of Well Fed has a blog. And it's great! http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/wellfed/
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    We tend to have whatever we fancy and over the past few years I have found ways to make foods with less calories etc, or at least I've been more wary of how many calories are in the things that I'm cooking!

These are our evening meals from the last week:

Monday: Roasted lamb shanks with mash potato and veg. (At the same time we roasted a small, lean pork shoulder joint to use for sandwiches etc during the week)

Tuesday: Lunch - pork sandwiches (yum) Dinner - Pork Ramen

Wednesday: Lunch - pork sandwiches. Dinner: Chunky vegetable soup

Thurs: Lunch Remaining soup. Dinner: (Roasted a whole chicken) Piri piri chicken legs with rice and corn on the cob

Fri: Lunch: Chicken sandwiches. Dinner: Homemade chicken pizza

Today: Chicken rolls Dinner: Pie and veg