Hello from a new guy here...

Options
VKanam
VKanam Posts: 27 Member
Hi folks,

My name is Vamsi. I'm a 34 year old guy from Seattle.

A little bit about my history... I'm originally from India. I've been overweight since I was 12 yrs old. But I was quite physically active back then, used to walk a couple of miles every day, and I was good at yoga! I was at 240lbs when I completed college but didn't feel my weight that much. I'm a software guy by profession so when I started working my days became sedentary but I didn't gain much weight, used to do a decent level of cardio exercises.

When I moved to the US 3 yrs back, I was at 265 pounds. Now I'm at 350lb, I've gained 85lb in 3 years! My doctor warned me that I'm in the border zone for cholesterol and diabetes, so I finally decided I need to get serious about my health.

My goal is 220lb. I need to lose 130lb to get there.

I'm hoping to make some friends in this community who'll help me with my goal, and I will in turn support and encourage them.

Cheers
Vamsi

Replies

• radimage
    radimage Posts: 99
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! Stay focused!
  • justin1157
    Options
    hi vamsi ,i used to weigh 24 stine and got down to 14.6 stone by walking 10 miles every day and living on a diet of tuna shredded wheat and water took me 5 months to loose weigh but boy was it worth it keep going it will go good luck justin england.
  • billr9mm
    billr9mm Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey VK great to see your post. I am brand new to MFP, so I could use some additional friends as well. MFP is a great tool and there seems to be all kinds that participate. Young, old, in shape, some no to in shape etc. Really a great community!!