Does Anyone Else Dream About Eating a Cheeseburger & Fries?

Options
Or is it just me?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had that twice today. :)
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Maybe not dream but defiantly crave
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Yes I used to and I would think about food all day too, then I increased by calories by an additional 500 calories and now I eat the food instead of dream about it.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Definitely just you. I eat the damn thing.

189_1bacon_cheese_burger_stroke.jpg
  • jennrambles
    jennrambles Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm "cheat meals" positive, so if I'm craving something, I eat it. Not every day, every meal, but if I want a cheeseburger and some fries, why not? Eating something indulgent doesn't set me off/trigger me into binge eating like it does some people this time around.

I have been through this "lifestyle change" a few times before, and every single time I cut out EVERYTHING BAD and only ate 'good stuff', and I always failed. This time around, I have a much more positive and relaxed attitude towards getting to goal.

I don't believe in denying myself a treat every once in a while, especially when I'm working out enough/eating well enough *most* of the time to not make it really count. One cheeseburger isn't going to make me gain back 28lbs.
  • MaryHuckleberry
    MaryHuckleberry Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For me it was pizza so I had some last night, yum! Also have you ever had Sensible Portions Veggies Straws? They sort kinda taste like French fries.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't dream about it because they are regular staples in my diet.
  • snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm "cheat meals" positive, so if I'm craving something, I eat it. Not every day, every meal, but if I want a cheeseburger and some fries, why not? Eating something indulgent doesn't set me off/trigger me into binge eating like it does some people this time around.

I have been through this "lifestyle change" a few times before, and every single time I cut out EVERYTHING BAD and only ate 'good stuff', and I always failed. This time around, I have a much more positive and relaxed attitude towards getting to goal.

I don't believe in denying myself a treat every once in a while, especially when I'm working out enough/eating well enough *most* of the time to not make it really count. One cheeseburger isn't going to make me gain back 28lbs.

Totally agree!! This time around, I have had a different mindset about weightloss and I have had amazing results! Being less strict and not so hard on myself, and just being relaxed and having an indulgence when I REALLY want it. I have cut most starchy foods, because as a type 1 diabetic I find my blood sugars are amazingly better without them, not too mention needing less insulin at meals ( = less fat accumulation), but do have a burger and fries a couple times a month and that seems to keep the carbaholic in me satisfied. :)
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well, I work indulgent things into my limits if I'm *really* wanting them (husband is picking up Olive Garden tomorrow for our anniversary, YUM!), but I still dreamt about totally gorging myself on greasy high calorie food last night. I actually woke up feeling guilty until I realized it wasn't real! :laugh:

Luckily it's just been the once. I think it'd throw me off course if I dreamt it too often.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've had a double cheeseburger and fry from McDonalds once since I started. I'm talking about a big, juicy cheeseburger like the one pictured above. I can't do those. When I get to maintenance, I'll have cheat meals now and then, but for now, it's better for me to stay focused. Different strokes...
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I was low-carbing, I would have wonderful dreams about tables piled high with bagels, donuts, and all kinds of other things that are big no-nos for low carb dieters. I could taste it all. I felt like such a pig when I woke up, but then I was happy that it was just a dream and I hadn't completely sabotaged myself. LOL
  • randomtai
    Options
    I've had a double cheeseburger and fry from McDonalds once since I started. I'm talking about a big, juicy cheeseburger like the one pictured above. I can't do those. When I get to maintenance, I'll have cheat meals now and then, but for now, it's better for me to stay focused. Different strokes...

Why can't they fit in your goals? :huh: :huh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No, but I've been having recurrent dreams of French pastries and croissants since I moved to the US 12 years ago.

But I can make some cheeseburger and fries for under 700 calories at home anytime I want some... bun 140 calories, cheese 80 calories, 95% beef patty 200 calories or less, mustard and ketchup 30 calories... olive oil 40 calories and potatoes 140 calories for a decent portion. it's delicious and fits nicely in my days, heck I could even add bacon and whatnot...

But honestly, if you really crave a 1300 calorie cheeseburger and fries from some random joint, you can still eat that and stay under your TDEE or close to it easily if you have a light breakfast and a light lunch or dinner.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options

It's kind of difficult to explain, but for me, food is like a drug. It's better for me to go cold turkey and stick by my self-imposed rules, than to flirt with going back to my old eating habits. I guess it would be akin to telling an alcoholic, you have a scotch or three once a week, but then you have to go back on the wagon.

I know I could fit it into my daily allowance, but, for me, it's just better that I don't.
  • randomtai
    Options

It's kind of difficult to explain, but for me, food is like a drug. It's better for me to go cold turkey and stick by my self-imposed rules, than to flirt with going back to my old eating habits. I guess it would be akin to telling an alcoholic, you have a scotch or three once a week, but then you have to go back on the wagon.

I know I could fit it into my daily allowance, but, for me, it's just better that I don't.

Food is not a drug... it's just food. Burgers provide good protein/fat macros. *shrug*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Food is not a drug... it's just food. Burgers provide good protein/fat macros. *shrug*

That, and try surviving without food... And what will happen when you're at your goal weight? You never plan to have a cheeseburger again?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I believe that people dream about things that concern them...................................

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't dream about it, I actually do it... regularly! I just make sure it fits into the calories allotted by my TDEE. Losing weight doesn't have to mean giving everything up! :smile:
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't dream about cheeseburgers, but I do dream about eating a pint of Haagan Dazs ice cream or a bacon sandwich dripping with butter on white bread.