Bulking for a Year?

Options
So I've been researching about bulking and cutting time periods. I've heard if you're bulking and cutting too frequently that it really messes up your testosterone levels. I was curious, I'm about to start my first bulk and was wondering if I could bulk for an entire year, maybe longer? I heard that's at least how long a bulk should last. (If you're not a professional body builder and competing in shows) I'll be bulking at about a 200-250 calorie surplus. Can someone look good for bulking that long? I know its opinionated but is bulking for a year realistic without putting on too much fat at my surplus? All advice is welcome!

Extra info: I'm 18, 145lbs, 6ft. Body fat 10-14%(unsure)

Replies

• MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I once bulked for an entire decade. I just forgot to lift.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

LMAO
  • Fit_Jesus
    Options
    When I was a teenager at 5'8" 135 lbs at the age of 18 decided I wanted to weigh 170 lbs. I bulked for as long as it took to see that number on the scale. Big mistake. I accomplished this goal in a year or two, can't remember. I regret having done this. Most of my weight gain was fat. It didn't look good. Fat, like muscle, also has memory cells. It's easy to gain that ugly fat again now for me. So be careful not to focus on the number on the scale. The best way to do it is concentrate on getting stronger. When your strength gains plateau, bump up your calorie intake. Avoid getting fat, focus on getting stronger.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong that. add in some infrequent periods of maintenance level weeks or even just days. I've done that pretty much nonstop for 3 years and haven't gone above 11% or 12% BF in that time. Some intermittent maintenance or even cut days help restore hunger levels and other hormones.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options

I went 2 decades... Not sure if the 12oz curls count as lifting. Bulk was very successful!