Hi, I'm Regina

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member. I've been using the site for aboout 2 1/2 weeks, and I've lost 4 lbs!!! It excites me to know that there is such a supportive team/community that is specifically built to help you achieve your goals.
I'd like to share a little bit about myself:
I'm 20 years old, and I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I've struggled with weight issues my entire life. I really enjoy singing, dancing, acting, playing piano/guitar, reading, and writing songs. Weight has always been at the forefront of my life expecially being in the music industry. I've met with many an image consultant who has advised me that I need to lose quite a few pounds. When I started using the site, I weighed 144.8 lbs. I'm 5'1", so 144 lbs doesn't look so great on me. This is probably the heaviest I've ever been. I got my wakeup call a few months ago when i wasn't able to fit into a lot of my clothes anymore, and I had to go out and buy new. It was devastating (like any girl--I LOVE my clothes!). My weight has caused a lot of problems in my life-mainly depression and eating disorders.Recently, I have been trying to distinguish between being happy about acheiving goals, and letting my happiness rely on the acheivment of my goals. I think previously I've always been focussed on the latter.
With this new perspective, I'm also trying to learn to love myself the way I am. It's hard to have a goal and not make it the focus of my life. It's also hard not to get into the mindset of thinking that just because I want to change my appearance means that there is something wrong with me. There is nothing wrong with me!
I'm not doing this to become more attractive or to fit into my old clothes.
I'm doing this to lead a healthier lifestyle and prove to myself that I can accomplish something in a healthy way and learn to love myself in the process instead of constantly beating myself up.

Sorry if I babbled, but it felt good!

Replies

• racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard .. this site is awesome .. you will find lot of motivation and support here:smile:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
    You'll find tons of support and encouragement here ! :)