Chalking this up as a NSV

Options
For too long, I've been a fixture on my couch. Three weeks ago, I decided to start over again and make a more concerted effort to eat less and move more. I've been walking at least two miles three days a week and tracking everything here on MFP. Tonight, after my shower, I saw a small sign of progress: a blister on my big toe. It might not seem like much, but to me, this was a sign that I'm doing something right after years of doing something wrong.

It may also be a sign that I need new shoes.

Replies

• CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Couch potatoes never need new running shoes. ;-)

Congrats!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I totally get that :laugh: it's an awesome feeling to have a visual sign of hard work and change! My funny thing is I had to dig deep deep deep into the bottom of a huge box of shoes to even find my sneakers...which happen to be 15-20yrs old!! :laugh: I walked on my treadmill for the first 2 weeks in those old dilapidated shoes :laugh: my feet ached more from the gosh awful shoes than from the walking :laugh: Finally bought a new pair less than a week ago and it felt like walking on a cloud compared to those old shoes!!! :laugh:
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    Awesome job! Be careful to not let the blister get too bad. I had one on the ball of my foot about 1 1/2 in in diamater... it still isn't completely healed.
  • that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky that it wasn't a very bad one. It's fairly small, maybe about the size of a dime or so, and it already popped. I just happened to notice the aftermath. I didn't even feel it.
  • MyOwnHero22
    MyOwnHero22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's great! All anyone can do is to start where there are and push forward. ;) Good shoes help too. It's good that you are taking it as a sign of progress. We all need to look out for signs beyond the numbers on the scale to keep us motivated.
  • iamladygusta
    Options
    That's good :) Keep up the great work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!